Old 02-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Andrea Scarpino

Default new virtuoso requires user intervention

Hi,
the new virtuoso 6.1.0 is out and is supported by nepomuk now.
The database format changed significantly between Virtuoso 5 and 6, then if you
want to keep your tag/data you must follow this steps *before* upgrade:
- shutdown Nepomuk;
- update virtuoso;
- run the converter[1];
- start Nepomuk

More info on this link[2].

Regards

[1] http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=119661
[2] http://trueg.wordpress.com/2010/02/04/just-in-time-for-kde-sc-4-4-
virtuoso-6-1-0/

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2010 00:34:08 schrieb Andrea Scarpino:
> you must follow this steps before upgrade

If you never tagged anything using nepomuk you can just remove all data by

rm -rf ~/.kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/

Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On Thursday 04 February 2010 00:38:20 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> If you never tagged anything using nepomuk you can just remove all data by
>
> rm -rf ~/.kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/
I am not sure we really need to remove the old database, I think nepomuk will
recreate it as empty automatically.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer