Old 01-31-2010, 08:39 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default filesystem 2010.02-1

Am Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010 18:46:12 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib/libfakeroot
> /opt/lib32/lib
> /opt/lib32/usr/lib

There is also

/opt/qt/lib
/opt/kde/lib

Anyone wants to open a bug-report? What do you think is the best migration?

Old 01-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:39:26 +0100
schrieb Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:

> Am Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010 18:46:12 schrieb Andreas Radke:
> > /usr/X11R6/lib
> > /usr/lib/libfakeroot
> > /opt/lib32/lib
> > /opt/lib32/usr/lib
>
> There is also
>
> /opt/qt/lib
> /opt/kde/lib
>
> Anyone wants to open a bug-report? What do you think is the best
> migration?

There's no need to hurry. We should either have one bug or one per
package. I'd say one per package when you find one.

The problem will be if we want to notice the user that they can remove
the path from the old ld.so.conf file or if we leave them in the dark
because it just doesn't matters.

-Andy

Old 01-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Jan de Groot

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 18:46 +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> I've added "include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf"
> into /etc/ld.so.conf + the /etc/ld.so.conf.d directory.
>
> So we are no more forced to touch ld.so.conf directly. New xulrunner
> pkg will make use of it to detect the openjdk6 plugin.
>
> Please migrate the change from the ld.so.conf.pacnew file you will
> receive.
>
> For the future we should clean up packages that touched ld.so.conf
> directly. On my system these paths were added:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib/libfakeroot
> /opt/lib32/lib
> /opt/lib32/usr/lib
>
> Please signoff.

It would be nicer if you did the change automatically from
post_install/post_upgrade. Detecting the presence of the include is
simple done with grep, and adding it is a simple echo. Other packages
touch this file directly and will get changed to dropping an
ld.so.conf.d file in the future, those packages will stop working if
this ld.so.conf change isn't done.
The filesystem package touches the group and passwd files in the same
way, so there's no excuse not to do this change automatically.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:51 AM
Allan McRae

[...]

So... what are we doing for this? I have a couple of packages I want
to update to this new include directory but will hold off until this
leaves [testing].

Allan