Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Thomas Bächler

Default fakeroot 1.9-1

The code is identical to my patched 1.8.10 version, the debian guy only
added some configure and ifdef stuff to check if the system even
supports ACLs.

Please sign off.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Jan 8, 2008 3:00 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> The code is identical to my patched 1.8.10 version, the debian guy only
> added some configure and ifdef stuff to check if the system even
> supports ACLs.
>
> Please sign off.

Just curious - was your patch accepted?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Thomas Bächler

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>> The code is identical to my patched 1.8.10 version, the debian guy only
>> added some configure and ifdef stuff to check if the system even
>> supports ACLs.
>>
>> Please sign off.
>
> Just curious - was your patch accepted?

Yes, it is essentially the only change in 1.9. I was very surprised (the
patch is incomplete in a sense that it only fixes two out of N functions
that write ACLs, and thus other tools than coreutils might still be broken).

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
"Varun Acharya"

signed off for x86_64

Varun