Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

Default Daemon shutdown on uninstall?

Hey all, this bug report brings up an interesting point:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9030

Should we be stopping /etc/rc.d/ daemons on uninstall? My opinion is
already expressed in the bug report, so I'll spare you here.

If anyone feels strongly about it, please "sound off" in the bug report itself.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
eliott

On 1/7/08, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all, this bug report brings up an interesting point:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9030
>
> Should we be stopping /etc/rc.d/ daemons on uninstall? My opinion is
> already expressed in the bug report, so I'll spare you here.
>
> If anyone feels strongly about it, please "sound off" in the bug report itself.

I agree that it is handholding.
Users should bloody well know to stop a daemon before removing it.
They had to start it themselves didn't they?
We don't autostart daemons on install.