Old 01-09-2008, 04:54 PM
"Varun Acharya"

Default New extra package: gnucash

On Jan 9, 2008 10:31 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah good catch, I was not aware of these two deps not being in extra. Silly me.

So guys: adding gnucash to extra would pull in these two deps. Is this
still acceptable?

slib depends on guile, so thats fine by me.

But aqbanking depends upon -> 'gwenhywfar'* 'ktoblzcheck' 'libofx' .... and all these packages are in community

So to bring in gnucash, we need 5 other packages bought into extra. Sorry I'll have to withdraw the +1 Aaron, I'd rather this one stays in community.

Varun

Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
"Travis Willard"

On Jan 9, 2008 12:54 PM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2008 10:31 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Ah good catch, I was not aware of these two deps not being in extra. Silly
> me.
> >
> > So guys: adding gnucash to extra would pull in these two deps. Is this
> > still acceptable?
> >

> slib depends on guile, so thats fine by me.
>
> But aqbanking depends upon -> 'gwenhywfar' 'ktoblzcheck' 'libofx' .... and
> all these packages are in community

Is aqbanking a hard or soft dep? ie. if we compile gnucash with
aqbanking support, will it run if aqbanking is not installed?

Optionally, we can just remove the --enable-aqbanking configure flag,
and we win.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/1/9, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com>:

> On Jan 9, 2008 10:31 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Ah good catch, I was not aware of these two deps not being in extra. Silly
> me.
> >
> > So guys: adding gnucash to extra would pull in these two deps. Is this
> > still acceptable?
> >

> slib depends on guile, so thats fine by me.
>
> But aqbanking depends upon -> 'gwenhywfar' 'ktoblzcheck' 'libofx' .... and
> all these packages are in community
>
> So to bring in gnucash, we need 5 other packages bought into extra. Sorry
> I'll have to withdraw the +1 Aaron, I'd rather this one stays in community.
>
> Varun

I don't have anything against gnucash but many dependencies scare me.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Jan 9, 2008 11:54 AM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
> But aqbanking depends upon -> 'gwenhywfar' 'ktoblzcheck' 'libofx' .... and
> all these packages are in community
>
> So to bring in gnucash, we need 5 other packages bought into extra. Sorry
> I'll have to withdraw the +1 Aaron, I'd rather this one stays in community.

Oh man, all of the sudden this is getting scary. As Travis mentioned,
is there a big deal with leaving off the aqbanking support? Or should
we leave it in unsupported where it is now?

Old 01-09-2008, 05:14 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2008/1/9, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> On Jan 9, 2008 11:54 AM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But aqbanking depends upon -> 'gwenhywfar' 'ktoblzcheck' 'libofx' .... and
> > all these packages are in community
> >
> > So to bring in gnucash, we need 5 other packages bought into extra. Sorry
> > I'll have to withdraw the +1 Aaron, I'd rather this one stays in community.
>
> Oh man, all of the sudden this is getting scary. As Travis mentioned,
> is there a big deal with leaving off the aqbanking support? Or should
> we leave it in unsupported where it is now?

I don't use gnucash (yet?) and thus don't know how important is
aqbanking support.
If it's not and dependency list will be much lower without it - extra is ok,
if it's important, then leaving gnucash in unsupported (or moving to
community?) would be better, I guess.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 01-09-2008, 05:56 PM
"Varun Acharya"

On Jan 9, 2008 11:36 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jan 9, 2008 11:54 AM, Varun Acharya <ganja.guru.x64@gmail.com> wrote:
> But aqbanking depends upon -> 'gwenhywfar' *'ktoblzcheck' 'libofx' .... and

> all these packages are in community
>
> So to bring in gnucash, we need 5 other packages bought into extra. Sorry
> I'll have to withdraw the +1 Aaron, I'd rather this one stays in community.

Oh man, all of the sudden this is getting scary. As Travis mentioned,
is there a big deal with leaving off the aqbanking support? Or should
we leave it in unsupported where it is now?

Why not ask the AUR maintainer?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Damir Perisa

Wednesday 09 January 2008, Aaron Griffin wrote:
| So guys: adding gnucash to extra would pull in these two deps. Is
| this still acceptable?

yes it is. (they are being maintained)

- D

--