Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Allan McRae

Default db-scripts and package location - Was: WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing

On 29/01/10 03:28, Dan McGee wrote:

This is going to absolutely destroy gerolde and our mirrors with rsync
backlog. We really need to start getting some of this out there if
possible since when we move packages from [testing] to other repos, we
don't have a symlink farm like we do with arch="any" packages.

Didn't we have someone working on adjusting the db-scripts so all
packages went to a "package" directory and were symlinked to the repo?
That would save us much bandwidth and hassle with big rebuilds like these...

Can anyone remember who that was and if it was started?

Allan