-   -   udev-150-3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/314577-udev-150-3-a.html)

Tobias Powalowski 01-25-2010 05:35 AM

udev-150-3

Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > Hi guys,
> > udev 150
> > ========
> > Bugfixes.
> >
> > Kernels with SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y are not supported since a while. Many
> > users depend on the current sysfs layout and the information not
> > available in the deprecated layout. All remaining support for the
> > deprecated sysfs layout is removed now.

> fixed consolekit file location.

cleaned up arch rules file #17993

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi 01-25-2010 09:15 PM

udev-150-3

On 01/25/2010 03:35 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:

Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:

Hi guys,
udev 150
========
Bugfixes.

Kernels with SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y are not supported since a while. Many
users depend on the current sysfs layout and the information not
available in the deprecated layout. All remaining support for the
deprecated sysfs layout is removed now.

fixed consolekit file location.

cleaned up arch rules file #17993

greetings
tpowa

All looks OK with udev-150-3 (and running with my custom kernel
2.6.32.6), devices acl are now working as expected with consolekit.

My unofficial sign-off for i686 and x86_64.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
http://www.djgera.com.ar

Andreas Radke 01-28-2010 07:46 PM

udev-150-3

Am Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:35:41 +0100
schrieb Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de>:

> Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > > Hi guys,
> > > udev 150
> > > ========
> > > Bugfixes.
> > >
> > > Kernels with SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y are not supported since a while.
> > > Many users depend on the current sysfs layout and the information
> > > not available in the deprecated layout. All remaining support for
> > > the deprecated sysfs layout is removed now.
>
> > fixed consolekit file location.
> >

> cleaned up arch rules file #17993
>
> greetings
> tpowa

New udev 151 out.

I assume it will fix my ext4 mounting issue:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=ChangeLog

...do not remove device nodes of active kernel devices

Please don't move the old one until we have confirmed it's not the
breaker. I'll be around all evenings the next days.

-Andy