Old 01-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Andreas Radke

Default OpenJDK6 help needed

I have committed to OpenJDK6 trunk some changes. The Icedtea 1.7 branch
is not far from a release but there are some issues not yet solved with
new libs.

Libjpeg8 should be solved with the patch the is included.

Libpng 1.4 may need more fixes. The patch I have included makes it
build. But grepping for obsolete functions brought up a few more places
that may need fixes. Maybe someone can have look at this.

Using the new Xulrunner 1.9.2 release forces us to switch to the new
NPPlugin that will also work with webkit based browsers. Ubuntu also
builds that new plugin now.

I have to use a small sed fix to make it pass configure because
upstream wants libxul-unstable. Now the plugin builds fine but after
installation every page that calls plugin makes the browser segfault

e.g. http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

[andyrtr@laptop64 ~]$ ldd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/IcedTeaNPPlugin.so |
grep not libmozjs.so => not found
libxul.so => not found
libxpcom.so => not found

Probably that is the reason. Do we need to fix some ld.so.conf paths
for new Xulrunner?

I've also send mails to the distro-pkg-dev@openjdk.java.net list.

Maybe someone can help and have a look it. I'll be around later again.

-Andy

Old 01-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Pierre Schmitz

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:12:56 +0100, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>
wrote:
> e.g. http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
>
> [andyrtr@laptop64 ~]$ ldd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/IcedTeaNPPlugin.so |
> grep not libmozjs.so => not found
> libxul.so => not found
> libxpcom.so => not found
>
> Probably that is the reason. Do we need to fix some ld.so.conf paths
> for new Xulrunner?
>
> I've also send mails to the distro-pkg-dev@openjdk.java.net list.
>
> Maybe someone can help and have a look it. I'll be around later again.
>
> -Andy

I guess if it is linked again xul and moz stuff you are not using the
browser independent plugin.