Old 01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Daniel Isenmann

Default libgpod update and corresponding rebuilds

Hi,

I would like to update libgpod to version 0.6.0, because the new
library supports the new ipod models. I think every ipod user with
a new model would be happy about it.

Now there must be some rebuilds for it. I plan to put the packages in
testing first. Following packages depends on libgpod:

gtkpod
amarok-base
kipi-plugins
rhythmbox

gtkpod, rhythmbox and kipi-plugins are no problems. I have rebuild them
locally without problems. amarok-base (version 1.4.7-2) is in testing
right now, but in CVS version 1.4.8 is commited. Should I just bump
amarok to 1.4.8 in testing, together with amarok-engine-xine?

Damir can you tell me more information on it?

Thanks, Daniel

Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Jan de Groot

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 19:08 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to update libgpod to version 0.6.0, because the new
> library supports the new ipod models. I think every ipod user with
> a new model would be happy about it.
>
> Now there must be some rebuilds for it. I plan to put the packages in
> testing first. Following packages depends on libgpod:
>
> gtkpod
> amarok-base
> kipi-plugins
> rhythmbox
>
> gtkpod, rhythmbox and kipi-plugins are no problems. I have rebuild them
> locally without problems. amarok-base (version 1.4.7-2) is in testing
> right now, but in CVS version 1.4.8 is commited. Should I just bump
> amarok to 1.4.8 in testing, together with amarok-engine-xine?
>
> Damir can you tell me more information on it?
>
> Thanks, Daniel

Be sure to use the latest rhythmbox that is in testing now. Rhythmbox is
in testing because of the new totem-plparser package. I'll update
totem-plparser soon and move the whole chain of packages to extra when
you're done with libgpod.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:32:02 +0100
Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 19:08 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to update libgpod to version 0.6.0, because the new
> > library supports the new ipod models. I think every ipod user with
> > a new model would be happy about it.
> >
> > Now there must be some rebuilds for it. I plan to put the packages
> > in testing first. Following packages depends on libgpod:
> >
> > gtkpod
> > amarok-base
> > kipi-plugins
> > rhythmbox
> >
> > gtkpod, rhythmbox and kipi-plugins are no problems. I have rebuild
> > them locally without problems. amarok-base (version 1.4.7-2) is in
> > testing right now, but in CVS version 1.4.8 is commited. Should I
> > just bump amarok to 1.4.8 in testing, together with
> > amarok-engine-xine?
> >
> > Damir can you tell me more information on it?
> >
> > Thanks, Daniel
>
> Be sure to use the latest rhythmbox that is in testing now. Rhythmbox
> is in testing because of the new totem-plparser package. I'll update
> totem-plparser soon and move the whole chain of packages to extra when
> you're done with libgpod.

The above packages are now in testing. I have rebuild them against the
new libraries.

Daniel

Daniel