-   -   WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/311310-warning-libpng-libjpeg-hits-testing.html)

Ionut Biru 01-19-2010 12:15 AM

WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing

hi,
just a heads up to inform that i don't recommend to update from testing
anymore. Most of important packages have been rebuild but the remaining
list still counts ~99 packages.

--
Ionut

Ionut Biru 01-19-2010 11:57 AM

On 01/19/2010 03:15 AM, Ionut Biru wrote:

hi,
just a heads up to inform that i don't recommend to update from testing
anymore. Most of important packages have been rebuild but the remaining
list still counts ~99 packages.

i'm going to move them now.

--
Ionut

Andrea Scarpino 01-19-2010 02:59 PM

2010/1/19 Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com>:
> i'm going to move them now.
Packages are still in jpng directory, there is a reason for this?
Also, ArchitectureDifference shows that there are still some package
on [jpng] x86_64.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Ionut Biru 01-19-2010 03:15 PM

On 01/19/2010 05:59 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:

2010/1/19 Ionut Biru<biru.ionut@gmail.com>:

i'm going to move them now.

Packages are still in jpng directory, there is a reason for this?
Also, ArchitectureDifference shows that there are still some package
on [jpng] x86_64.

in jpng x86_64 there is one package and in i686 none.
i think ArchitectureDifference is broken somehow or i miss something...

--
Ionut

Eric Bélanger 01-19-2010 07:57 PM

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/19/2010 05:59 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>>
>> 2010/1/19 Ionut Biru<biru.ionut@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> i'm going to move them now.
>>
>> Packages are still in jpng directory, there is a reason for this?
>> Also, ArchitectureDifference shows that there are still some package
>> on [jpng] x86_64.
>>
> in jpng x86_64 there is one package and in i686 none.
> i think ArchitectureDifference is broken somehow or i miss something...
>
> --
> Ionut

Now, that they are moved to testing, can we completely remove the jpng
repo? The cleanup script complains about it:

Scan complete for jpng (i686) at /srv/ftp/jpng/os/i686
The following files are missing in the repo
/tmp/cleanup-IY1z7V/*.pkg.tar.gz

Scan complete for jpng (x86_64) at /srv/ftp/jpng/os/x86_64
The following files are missing in the repo
/tmp/cleanup-2xEQKi/*.pkg.tar.gz

"Allan McRae" 01-20-2010 02:21 AM

Eric Bélanger wrote:

[...]

It is now gone.

Allan

Pierre Schmitz 01-26-2010 10:56 PM

Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 02:15:10 schrieb Ionut Biru:
> hi,
> just a heads up to inform that i don't recommend to update from testing
> anymore. Most of important packages have been rebuild but the remaining
> list still counts ~99 packages.

Do you guys think we can finish this rebuild this week? I think it's a good
idea to put KDE 4.4 RC3 into testing when the jpng rebuild has moved into
extra. This way we have some time to do some KDE related rebuilds and have the
packages tested by more people.

Pierre

Allan McRae 01-26-2010 11:03 PM

On 27/01/10 09:56, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 02:15:10 schrieb Ionut Biru:

hi,
just a heads up to inform that i don't recommend to update from testing
anymore. Most of important packages have been rebuild but the remaining
list still counts ~99 packages.

Do you guys think we can finish this rebuild this week? I think it's a good
idea to put KDE 4.4 RC3 into testing when the jpng rebuild has moved into
extra. This way we have some time to do some KDE related rebuilds and have the
packages tested by more people.

Sure, apart from some of the openoffice variants, there is only 5 or 6
packages left to go. I think Andy was holding out for a release to
finish the OOo stuff.

Allan

Pierre Schmitz 01-28-2010 11:40 AM

Am Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010 01:03:09 schrieb Allan McRae:
> Sure, apart from some of the openoffice variants, there is only 5 or 6
> packages left to go. I think Andy was holding out for a release to
> finish the OOo stuff.

I wonder how long we have to wait here. They just released RC4 and told that
the final release was delayed. I guess it's a lot longer than it would take to
build it for i686 (x86_64 is already done)

Ionut Biru 01-28-2010 02:16 PM

On 01/27/2010 02:03 AM, Allan McRae wrote:

On 27/01/10 09:56, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

Am Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010 02:15:10 schrieb Ionut Biru:

hi,
just a heads up to inform that i don't recommend to update from testing
anymore. Most of important packages have been rebuild but the remaining
list still counts ~99 packages.

Do you guys think we can finish this rebuild this week? I think it's a
good
idea to put KDE 4.4 RC3 into testing when the jpng rebuild has moved into
extra. This way we have some time to do some KDE related rebuilds and
have the
packages tested by more people.

Sure, apart from some of the openoffice variants, there is only 5 or 6
packages left to go. I think Andy was holding out for a release to
finish the OOo stuff.

Allan

we can start accepting bugs no? as the others:

last-exit dead upstream
panda3d will be moved in arch-games
visualboyadvance need a patch( Daenyth is working on it
xf4vnc-xvnc moved in aur

what do you think, is better to announce on news that a possible
breakage can be if they use other cairo package? i found a lot of users
who had that problem.

--
Ionut