-   -   Merging dhclient and dhcp package (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/310485-merging-dhclient-dhcp-package.html)

Daniel Isenmann 01-17-2010 10:23 AM

Merging dhclient and dhcp package

Hi,

I don't know why this idea didn't came earlier to my mind, but the
dhclient and dhcp package share the same source file. Now that pacman
supports splitted packages this can be merged into one PKGBUILD and
build both packages at once. This should be really easier than
maintaining both packages from differents maintainer like at the moment.

Any objections for doing this?

Daniel

Jan de Groot 01-17-2010 10:55 AM

On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 12:23 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know why this idea didn't came earlier to my mind, but the
> dhclient and dhcp package share the same source file. Now that pacman
> supports splitted packages this can be merged into one PKGBUILD and
> build both packages at once. This should be really easier than
> maintaining both packages from differents maintainer like at the moment.
>
> Any objections for doing this?
>
> Daniel

Do it.

Daniel Isenmann 01-17-2010 11:33 AM

Merging dhclient and dhcp package

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 12:55:14 +0100
Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 12:23 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know why this idea didn't came earlier to my mind, but the
> > dhclient and dhcp package share the same source file. Now that
> > pacman supports splitted packages this can be merged into one
> > PKGBUILD and build both packages at once. This should be really
> > easier than maintaining both packages from differents maintainer
> > like at the moment.
> >
> > Any objections for doing this?
> >
> > Daniel
>
> Do it.

I have made the PKGBUILD for the splitted package. Can I just upload
the packages with extrapkg in the dhcp trunk directory? What happens to
the existing dhclient package in the SVN, must I delete it before?

Daniel

Jan de Groot 01-17-2010 11:42 AM

On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 13:33 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:

> I have made the PKGBUILD for the splitted package. Can I just upload
> the packages with extrapkg in the dhcp trunk directory? What happens to
> the existing dhclient package in the SVN, must I delete it before?
>
> Daniel

The scripts will overwrite the entry in database and repositories. I
don't know if it cleans up svn for you, but in case it doesn't, you can
just svn rm the old dhclient package.

Daniel Isenmann 01-17-2010 02:02 PM

Merging dhclient and dhcp package

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:42:36 +0100
Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 13:33 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> >
> > I have made the PKGBUILD for the splitted package. Can I just upload
> > the packages with extrapkg in the dhcp trunk directory? What
> > happens to the existing dhclient package in the SVN, must I delete
> > it before?
> >
> > Daniel
>
> The scripts will overwrite the entry in database and repositories. I
> don't know if it cleans up svn for you, but in case it doesn't, you
> can just svn rm the old dhclient package.

Merged and all committed to SVN. It hasn't delete the old directory,
but I will delete it on my own as you said it.

Daniel

Daniel Isenmann 01-17-2010 02:12 PM

Merging dhclient and dhcp package

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:02:15 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:42:36 +0100
> Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 13:33 +0100, Daniel Isenmann wrote:
> > >
> > > I have made the PKGBUILD for the splitted package. Can I just
> > > upload the packages with extrapkg in the dhcp trunk directory?
> > > What happens to the existing dhclient package in the SVN, must I
> > > delete it before?
> > >
> > > Daniel
> >
> > The scripts will overwrite the entry in database and repositories. I
> > don't know if it cleans up svn for you, but in case it doesn't, you
> > can just svn rm the old dhclient package.
>
> Merged and all committed to SVN. It hasn't delete the old directory,
> but I will delete it on my own as you said it.
>
> Daniel

I have some problems in deleting the old dhclient svn directory. Can
someone please delete the dhclient svn directory? Not the package in
the package database, only the SVN directory with svn rm.

Thanks,
Daniel

Andrea Scarpino 01-17-2010 02:17 PM

On 17/01/2010, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> I have some problems in deleting the old dhclient svn directory. Can
> someone please delete the dhclient svn directory? Not the package in
> the package database, only the SVN directory with svn rm.
Done.

...and like ever I committed my changes...uff I hate svn.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Ionut Biru 01-17-2010 02:19 PM

Merging dhclient and dhcp package

I have some problems in deleting the old dhclient svn directory. Can
someone please delete the dhclient svn directory? Not the package in
the package database, only the SVN directory with svn rm.

Done.

...and like ever I committed my changes...uff I hate svn.

next time

svn commit -m "cleanup" dir

only "dir" will be pushed and not the other directories

--
Ionut

Daniel Isenmann 01-17-2010 02:28 PM

Merging dhclient and dhcp package

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:17:23 +0100
Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 17/01/2010, Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> > I have some problems in deleting the old dhclient svn directory. Can
> > someone please delete the dhclient svn directory? Not the package in
> > the package database, only the SVN directory with svn rm.
> Done.

Thanks...

> ...and like ever I committed my changes...uff I hate svn.

Do it like Ionut said it, then everything will be fine. ;)