Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Andreas Radke

Default packaging workload / help wanted

It's time to call for help. I've run into a packaging workload I
don't want to handle anymore. Some package groups take damn much time
to follow upstream development, other just eat compile time.

I don't want to give away completely these package groups for now
(maybe later) but I really need help in the longer view. I'd like to
work together with a few more people in maintaining package groups.

I've already asked internally but got no real helpful response.

That's why I want to ask you the community members to help out in some
of my packaging tasks. Is anybody interested in helping out in the
following package groups?

1) openjdk6 (openjdk7 expected later this year). new coming npplugin
needs early testing.

2) OpenOffice and Go-OOo (aka ooo-build). Packaging requires fast
hardware.

3) Xfce - I took it all over from Tobias(neri) because he's often not
very active. Maybe someone can help here. Xfce 4.8 expected first
half this year.

4) Nouveau stack

5) Ati stack - I'm forced to used the free ati drivers but someone
else with one or even more Ati cards working together with upstream
people would be nice to have aboard. Future KMS will require lots of
testing.

5) LinuxPrinting (Cups, foomatic, ghostscript) - always buggy on major
releases. Not much work all the other time.

Please also check my other major packages. You should be an Arch user
for some time and I expect you to know how to package and work together
with upstream developers.

Please drop me a (private) mail if you are interested.

-AndyRTR