Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default mkinitcpio 0.5.27-1

This is a bugfix release which (among other less important things) fixed
the early userspace firmware loading problem. Please sign off.

This will hopefully be the last release before we move to 0.6, which
will have all klibc dependencies removed, see
http://projects.archlinux.org/mkinitcpio.git/?h=kill-klibc for progress.
Any contributions here are welcome, nothing works yet.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 09.01.2010 18:06, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> This is a bugfix release which (among other less important things) fixed
> the early userspace firmware loading problem. Please sign off.
>
> This will hopefully be the last release before we move to 0.6, which
> will have all klibc dependencies removed, see
> http://projects.archlinux.org/mkinitcpio.git/?h=kill-klibc for progress.
> Any contributions here are welcome, nothing works yet.

One small problem: We are trying to start udev twice. It's a small error
message on boot, but doesn't cause problems. We cannot rebuild
klibc-udev without breakage right now, this will be solved when we move
to 0.6.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Samstag 09 Januar 2010 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Am 09.01.2010 18:06, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> > This is a bugfix release which (among other less important things) fixed
> > the early userspace firmware loading problem. Please sign off.
> >
> > This will hopefully be the last release before we move to 0.6, which
> > will have all klibc dependencies removed, see
> > http://projects.archlinux.org/mkinitcpio.git/?h=kill-klibc for progress.
> > Any contributions here are welcome, nothing works yet.
>
> One small problem: We are trying to start udev twice. It's a small error
> message on boot, but doesn't cause problems. We cannot rebuild
> klibc-udev without breakage right now, this will be solved when we move
> to 0.6.

signoff x86_64 boots fine with mdadm hook.
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski