FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Ionut Biru
 
Default libpng todo list

On 01/09/2010 02:24 AM, Allan McRae wrote:

Aaron Griffin wrote:

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

I just created a todo list containing 163 packages. This todo list
contains all packages that link to libpng and that should get rebuilt
when we update to libpng 1.4.0.


*shudder*



And that does not include [community]...

When do you want to start this? In particular, do we get the ffmpeg/x264
rebuilds done a moved from [testing] first?

Allan



yes. i'll do them later today. i just have to add fixes(feature
requests) that are on bugtracker.


--
Ionut
 
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Jan de Groot
 
Default libpng todo list

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 10:24 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> When do you want to start this? In particular, do we get the
> ffmpeg/x264 rebuilds done a moved from [testing] first?

I just made the todo list to show how much work is involved in this.
Rebuilding 163 packages requires some serious planning. I can dedicate
the next weekend for Archlinux, I almost have a full weekend including
friday available. My core2quad is idle at this moment, it could use some
build tasks

As for community: that takes 145 rebuilds. I could help out a bit on
that also, but I have no idea about our community infrastructure, I
never built any package for AUR or community before.
 
Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Jan de Groot
 
Default libpng todo list

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 19:01 -0500, Daenyth Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 16:59, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> > I just created a todo list containing 163 packages. This todo list
> > contains all packages that link to libpng and that should get rebuilt
> > when we update to libpng 1.4.0.
> What is the new soname? I'd like to make a list for arch-games as well.

libpng.so.3 is gone
libpng12.so.0 is gone

new soname: libpng14.so.*, no symlink to libpng.so.3
 
Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Firmicus
 
Default libpng todo list

On 09/01/2010 11:12, Jan de Groot wrote:

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 10:24 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:


When do you want to start this? In particular, do we get the
ffmpeg/x264 rebuilds done a moved from [testing] first?


I just made the todo list to show how much work is involved in this.
Rebuilding 163 packages requires some serious planning. I can dedicate
the next weekend for Archlinux, I almost have a full weekend including
friday available. My core2quad is idle at this moment, it could use some
build tasks

As for community: that takes 145 rebuilds. I could help out a bit on
that also, but I have no idea about our community infrastructure, I
never built any package for AUR or community before.




Hi folks, back again after six weeks of inactivity (Arch-Linux-wise,
that is)


I intended to update texlive-bin these next few days, but since it is
included in the libpng TODO list, I wonder whether it might be wiser to
rebuild with the new libpng and push it to testing, rather that release
it now and release a new, identical package for the new libpng a few
days later. Or will this take rather weeks? What do you think?


Regards to all and best wishes for the new year (also to Roman, whose
orthodox new year shall begin next week I believe).


FC
 
Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Thomas Bächler
 
Default libpng todo list

Am 09.01.2010 11:12, schrieb Jan de Groot:
> On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 10:24 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> When do you want to start this? In particular, do we get the
>> ffmpeg/x264 rebuilds done a moved from [testing] first?
>
> I just made the todo list to show how much work is involved in this.
> Rebuilding 163 packages requires some serious planning. I can dedicate
> the next weekend for Archlinux, I almost have a full weekend including
> friday available. My core2quad is idle at this moment, it could use some
> build tasks
>
> As for community: that takes 145 rebuilds. I could help out a bit on
> that also, but I have no idea about our community infrastructure, I
> never built any package for AUR or community before.

You would need access to sigurd and access svn-community from there, the
rest is identical infrastructure-wise.
 
Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default libpng todo list

Jan de Groot wrote:

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 10:24 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
When do you want to start this? In particular, do we get the
ffmpeg/x264 rebuilds done a moved from [testing] first?


I just made the todo list to show how much work is involved in this.
Rebuilding 163 packages requires some serious planning. I can dedicate
the next weekend for Archlinux, I almost have a full weekend including
friday available. My core2quad is idle at this moment, it could use some
build tasks

As for community: that takes 145 rebuilds. I could help out a bit on
that also, but I have no idea about our community infrastructure, I
never built any package for AUR or community before.



So just to add to the fun :P

> sudo checkpkg
Password:
18,19c18,19
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0
---
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8: SONAME libjpeg.so.8
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0: SONAME libjpeg.so.8

This should overlap a lot. Do we want to do both at once?

Allan
 
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Jan de Groot
 
Default libpng todo list

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 21:43 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> > sudo checkpkg
> Password:
> 18,19c18,19
> < usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7
> < usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0
> ---
> > usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8
> > usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8: SONAME libjpeg.so.8
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0: SONAME libjpeg.so.8
>
> This should overlap a lot. Do we want to do both at once?

I think that's a good thing to do. Could you build a todo list for
libjpeg also?

BTW: checkpkg works as non-root also now, pacman -Sp works as non-root.
 
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default libpng todo list

Jan de Groot wrote:

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 21:43 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> sudo checkpkg
Password:
18,19c18,19
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0
---
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8: SONAME libjpeg.so.8
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0: SONAME libjpeg.so.8

This should overlap a lot. Do we want to do both at once?


I think that's a good thing to do. Could you build a todo list for
libjpeg also?


I haven't rsynced my packages in several weeks and I never do
[community] so perhaps Pierre can do this for me...



BTW: checkpkg works as non-root also now, pacman -Sp works as non-root.


Awesome. It would be even better if it tried getting the package out of
the pacman cache first. Someone please implement it for me!
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Eric Bélanger
 
Default libpng todo list

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Jan de Groot wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 21:43 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>>>
>>> *> sudo checkpkg
>>> Password:
>>> 18,19c18,19
>>> < usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7
>>> < usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0
>>> ---
>>> *> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8
>>> *> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0
>>> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8: * SONAME * * * * * * * libjpeg.so.8
>>> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0: * SONAME * * * * * * * libjpeg.so.8
>>>
>>> This should overlap a lot. *Do we want to do both at once?
>>
>> I think that's a good thing to do. Could you build a todo list for
>> libjpeg also?
>
> I haven't rsynced my packages in several weeks and I never do [community] so
> perhaps Pierre can do this for me...
>
>> BTW: checkpkg works as non-root also now, pacman -Sp works as non-root.
>
> Awesome. *It would be even better if it tried getting the package out of the
> pacman cache first. *Someone please implement it for me!
>

I tought I implemented it already:
http://projects.archlinux.org/devtools.git/commit/?id=61e8cd97fb01997859b135dc0741beff7911c6f5

That commit should be in the last devtools release.
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Allan McRae
 
Default libpng todo list

Eric Bélanger wrote:

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

Jan de Groot wrote:

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 21:43 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> sudo checkpkg
Password:
18,19c18,19
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0
---
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8: SONAME libjpeg.so.8
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0: SONAME libjpeg.so.8

This should overlap a lot. Do we want to do both at once?

I think that's a good thing to do. Could you build a todo list for
libjpeg also?

I haven't rsynced my packages in several weeks and I never do [community] so
perhaps Pierre can do this for me...


BTW: checkpkg works as non-root also now, pacman -Sp works as non-root.

Awesome. It would be even better if it tried getting the package out of the
pacman cache first. Someone please implement it for me!



I tought I implemented it already:
http://projects.archlinux.org/devtools.git/commit/?id=61e8cd97fb01997859b135dc0741beff7911c6f5

That commit should be in the last devtools release.



That is $PKGDEST which is not necessary the pacman cache.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org