Old 01-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Eric Bélanger

Default libpng todo list

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Eric Bélanger wrote:

>>> I haven't rsynced my packages in several weeks and I never do [community]
>>> so
>>> perhaps Pierre can do this for me...

>>> Awesome. *It would be even better if it tried getting the package out of
>>> the
>>> pacman cache first. *Someone please implement it for me!
>>>

>> I tought I implemented it already:
>>
>> http://projects.archlinux.org/devtools.git/commit/?id=61e8cd97fb01997859b135dc0741beff7911c6f5
>>
>> That commit should be in the last devtools release.
>>

> That is $PKGDEST which is not necessary the pacman cache.

Yes. right. But it can be easily implemented. In checkpkg, get the
pacman cache from pacman.conf with a:

CacheDir=$(grep '^CacheDir=' /etc/pacman.conf | cut -d= -f2)

then add another if check at the end of my above commit:

elif [ -f $CacheDir/$oldpkg ]; then
cp $CacheDir/$oldpkg .

Feel free to test and make a patch.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Eric Bélanger wrote:

>>> I tought I implemented it already:
>>>
>>> http://projects.archlinux.org/devtools.git/commit/?id=61e8cd97fb01997859b135dc0741beff7911c6f5
>>>
>>> That commit should be in the last devtools release.
>>>

>> That is $PKGDEST which is not necessary the pacman cache.
>>

> Yes. right. But it can be easily implemented. In checkpkg, get the
> pacman cache from pacman.conf with a:
>
> CacheDir=$(grep '^CacheDir=' /etc/pacman.conf | cut -d= -f2)

You might want/need to give it a default value:
CacheDir= /var/cache/pacman/pkg/

Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 21:43 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> *> sudo checkpkg
>> Password:
>> 18,19c18,19
>> < usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7
>> < usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0
>> ---
>> *> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8
>> *> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0
>> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8: * SONAME * * * * * * * libjpeg.so.8
>> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0: * SONAME * * * * * * * libjpeg.so.8
>>
>> This should overlap a lot. *Do we want to do both at once?
>
> I think that's a good thing to do. Could you build a todo list for
> libjpeg also?
>
> BTW: checkpkg works as non-root also now, pacman -Sp works as non-root.

imagemagick will also have a soname bump. We might as well do it with
the libpng and libjpeg ones as there is some overlap. Could someone
create the todo list? The sonames are:

usr/lib/libMagickCore.so.3: SONAME libMagickCore.so.3
usr/lib/libMagickCore.so.3.0.0: SONAME libMagickCore.so.3
usr/lib/libMagick++.so.3: SONAME libMagick++.so.3
usr/lib/libMagick++.so.3.0.0: SONAME libMagick++.so.3
usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.3: SONAME libMagickWand.so.3
usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.3.0.0: SONAME libMagickWand.so.3

Thanks
Eric

Old 01-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Allan McRae

Eric Bélanger wrote:

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 21:43 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> sudo checkpkg
Password:
18,19c18,19
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7
< usr/lib/libjpeg.so.7.0.0
---
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8
> usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8: SONAME libjpeg.so.8
usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8.0.0: SONAME libjpeg.so.8

This should overlap a lot. Do we want to do both at once?

I think that's a good thing to do. Could you build a todo list for
libjpeg also?

BTW: checkpkg works as non-root also now, pacman -Sp works as non-root.

imagemagick will also have a soname bump. We might as well do it with
the libpng and libjpeg ones as there is some overlap. Could someone
create the todo list? The sonames are:

usr/lib/libMagickCore.so.3: SONAME libMagickCore.so.3
usr/lib/libMagickCore.so.3.0.0: SONAME libMagickCore.so.3
usr/lib/libMagick++.so.3: SONAME libMagick++.so.3
usr/lib/libMagick++.so.3.0.0: SONAME libMagick++.so.3
usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.3: SONAME libMagickWand.so.3
usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.3.0.0: SONAME libMagickWand.so.3

autotrace
dvdauthor
libfprint
obex-data-server
psiconv
pstoedit
transcode
xine-lib

+ any in [community]...

Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Allan McRae

Talking to Jan, we really need a custom repo for this given the size of
the rebuild and the length of time it will take. So I made the folders
needed for a [jpng] repo.

After making ~/staging/jpng I uploaded packages with
commitpkg jpng "message"

but then how do I get them to the repo. /arch/db-update checks the
names of the repo used and of course jpng is not there... What am I
missing?

Allan

Old 01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Ionut Biru

On 01/16/2010 05:00 AM, Allan McRae wrote:

Talking to Jan, we really need a custom repo for this given the size of
the rebuild and the length of time it will take. So I made the folders
needed for a [jpng] repo.

After making ~/staging/jpng I uploaded packages with
commitpkg jpng "message"

but then how do I get them to the repo. /arch/db-update checks the names
of the repo used and of course jpng is not there... What am I missing?

Allan

i don't think you can using db-update. i see in db-functions has a
static return list.

get_repos_for_host() {
if [ "$(hostname)" = "sigurd" ]; then
echo "community community-testing"
else
echo "core extra testing"
fi
}

--
Ionut

Old 01-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Daenyth Blank

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:23, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't think you can using db-update. i see in db-functions has a static
> return list.
>
> get_repos_for_host() {
> * * * *if [ "$(hostname)" = "sigurd" ]; then
> * * * * * * * *echo "community community-testing"
> * * * *else
> * * * * * * * *echo "core extra testing"
> * * * *fi
> }
>

> --
> Ionut

Seems like it wouldn't be hard to give it a conf file using an
associative array so that we could define these things on the fly.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Allan McRae

Ionut Biru wrote:

On 01/16/2010 05:00 AM, Allan McRae wrote:

Talking to Jan, we really need a custom repo for this given the size of
the rebuild and the length of time it will take. So I made the folders
needed for a [jpng] repo.

After making ~/staging/jpng I uploaded packages with
commitpkg jpng "message"

but then how do I get them to the repo. /arch/db-update checks the names
of the repo used and of course jpng is not there... What am I missing?

Allan

i don't think you can using db-update. i see in db-functions has a
static return list.

get_repos_for_host() {
if [ "$(hostname)" = "sigurd" ]; then
echo "community community-testing"
else
echo "core extra testing"
fi
}

Would it be possible to (temporarily) add jpng to the list for gerolde?
That way we can use "/arch/db-update jpng" to add packages to the repo
and have all the safety measures the db-scripts bring instead of
manually using repo-add.

Any objections?
Allan

Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Pierre Schmitz

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:00:31 +1000, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>
wrote:

> Would it be possible to (temporarily) add jpng to the list for gerolde?
> That way we can use "/arch/db-update jpng" to add packages to the repo
> and have all the safety measures the db-scripts bring instead of
> manually using repo-add.
>
> Any objections?
> Allan

Does not soud like a bad idea. I have added the repo to
https://www.archlinux.de/?page=Packages;repository=7 and the diff list at
https://www.archlinux.de/?page=ArchitectureDifferences Maybe that is of any
help.

I did not know that we need to patch some/many package to be build with
the new libpng. However: Do you think we can merge that repo into testing
once the most important packages are done? I fear we'll start to block each
other or do unnecessary rebuilds soon. We are also working on kde-unstable
(on top of testing) which should be merged into extra at the first week of
February.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Allan McRae

wrote:
Would it be possible to (temporarily) add jpng to the list for gerolde?
That way we can use "/arch/db-update jpng" to add packages to the repo
and have all the safety measures the db-scripts bring instead of
manually using repo-add.

Any objections?
Allan

Does not soud like a bad idea.

I added jpng as an "approved repo" for gerolde. It add packages there:

1) create ~/staging/jpng on gerolde
2) upload using: commitpkg jpng "message"
3) on gerolde: /arch/db-update jpng

I have added the repo to
https://www.archlinux.de/?page=Packages;repository=7 and the diff list at
https://www.archlinux.de/?page=ArchitectureDifferences Maybe that is of any
help.

I did not know that we need to patch some/many package to be build with
the new libpng. However: Do you think we can merge that repo into testing
once the most important packages are done? I fear we'll start to block each
other or do unnecessary rebuilds soon. We are also working on kde-unstable
(on top of testing) which should be merged into extra at the first week of
February.

It all depends how many people help with the rebuild... The last few
rebuilds have been done by only two or three people. We could get
through most of this in a day or two if people helped out.

Allan