-   -   libpng todo list (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/306536-libpng-todo-list.html)

Jan de Groot 01-08-2010 08:59 PM

libpng todo list

I just created a todo list containing 163 packages. This todo list
contains all packages that link to libpng and that should get rebuilt
when we update to libpng 1.4.0.

Aaron Griffin 01-08-2010 09:43 PM

libpng todo list

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> I just created a todo list containing 163 packages. This todo list
> contains all packages that link to libpng and that should get rebuilt
> when we update to libpng 1.4.0.

*shudder*

Thayer Williams 01-08-2010 10:57 PM

libpng todo list

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>> I just created a todo list containing 163 packages. This todo list
>> contains all packages that link to libpng and that should get rebuilt
>> when we update to libpng 1.4.0.

So how is something like this accomplished? Do we coordinate a rebuild
day for most devs to update their packages?

> *shudder*

Heh that's what I thought. I had adopted libpng some time ago when
rummaging through our orphans, but I orphaned it again after seeing
how many apps were dependent on it--the thought of botching that was
too much for me.

Daenyth Blank 01-08-2010 11:01 PM

libpng todo list

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 16:59, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> I just created a todo list containing 163 packages. This todo list
> contains all packages that link to libpng and that should get rebuilt
> when we update to libpng 1.4.0.
What is the new soname? I'd like to make a list for arch-games as well.

Allan McRae 01-08-2010 11:24 PM

libpng todo list

Aaron Griffin wrote:

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:

I just created a todo list containing 163 packages. This todo list
contains all packages that link to libpng and that should get rebuilt
when we update to libpng 1.4.0.

*shudder*

And that does not include [community]...

When do you want to start this? In particular, do we get the
ffmpeg/x264 rebuilds done a moved from [testing] first?

Allan