Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default rfkill package

I noticed that the rfkill package is in community now (very good).
However, I have been asked if it was possible to make a few improvements:

1) Add a rfkill group (or use an existing group) and allow that group to
write /dev/rfkill using udev (if we add a group, we should do that in
the filesystem package, not the rfkill package). Apparently, some
desktop applications would like to set the rfkill state, so this way we
could allow that.
2) Add an init script that can optionally unblock wifi, bluetooth or
anything else on boot. In the past, some devices were soft-blocked on
boot by default (is this still an issue?), so this could be improved.

Maybe we should even move this to extra or even core. Giovanni, this
seems to be your package, what do you think?

Old 01-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Giovanni Scafora

2010/1/8, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org>:
> Maybe we should even move this to extra or even core. Giovanni, this
> seems to be your package, what do you think?

Hi Thomas,

I agree to move rfkill to extra or even core, but at the moment I'm
very busy with my job and my family.
Please, if you want to move rfkill to extra or core repo, feel free to do it.

--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 01-09-2010, 02:32 PM