Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Daniel Isenmann

Default rp-pppoe-3.10-2

Hi,

this is just a small fix for FS#13876 -[rp-pppoe] package: .so file
in /etc (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13876).
The kernel-mode plugin is now under /usr/lib/rp-pppoe/rp-pppoe.so and
the initial config file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf has the new path included.
Existing config file must be changed to the new path.

I can't test it, so please test if everything is working and signoff.

Daniel

Old 01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Daniel Isenmann

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:20:32 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is just a small fix for FS#13876 -[rp-pppoe] package: .so file
> in /etc (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13876).
> The kernel-mode plugin is now under /usr/lib/rp-pppoe/rp-pppoe.so and
> the initial config file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf has the new path included.
> Existing config file must be changed to the new path.
>
> I can't test it, so please test if everything is working and signoff.
>
> Daniel

Anyone?

Daniel

Old 01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Daniel Isenmann

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:20:32 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is just a small fix for FS#13876 -[rp-pppoe] package: .so file
> in /etc (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13876).
> The kernel-mode plugin is now under /usr/lib/rp-pppoe/rp-pppoe.so and
> the initial config file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf has the new path included.
> Existing config file must be changed to the new path.
>
> I can't test it, so please test if everything is working and signoff.
>
> Daniel

Anyone?

Daniel

Old 01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Alexander Duscheleit

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:49:50 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:20:32 +0100
> Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is just a small fix for FS#13876 -[rp-pppoe] package: .so file
> > in /etc (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13876).
> > The kernel-mode plugin is now under /usr/lib/rp-pppoe/rp-pppoe.so
> > and the initial config file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf has the new path
> > included. Existing config file must be changed to the new path.
> >
> > I can't test it, so please test if everything is working and
> > signoff.
> >
> > Daniel
>
> Anyone?
>
> Daniel

plugin loaded and connection works as far as I can tell.

signoff x86_64

Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:49:50 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:20:32 +0100
> Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is just a small fix for FS#13876 -[rp-pppoe] package: .so file
> > in /etc (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13876).
> > The kernel-mode plugin is now under /usr/lib/rp-pppoe/rp-pppoe.so
> > and the initial config file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf has the new path
> > included. Existing config file must be changed to the new path.
> >
> > I can't test it, so please test if everything is working and
> > signoff.
> >
> > Daniel
>
> Anyone?
>
> Daniel

Ok, I will move this later this evening or tomorrow evening. There are
no issues reported at the moment, so it runs for those who use it.

Daniel

Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Daniel Isenmann

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:58:46 +0100
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:49:50 +0100
> Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:20:32 +0100
> > Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > this is just a small fix for FS#13876 -[rp-pppoe] package: .so
> > > file in /etc (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13876).
> > > The kernel-mode plugin is now under /usr/lib/rp-pppoe/rp-pppoe.so
> > > and the initial config file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf has the new path
> > > included. Existing config file must be changed to the new path.
> > >
> > > I can't test it, so please test if everything is working and
> > > signoff.
> > >
> > > Daniel
> >
> > Anyone?
> >
> > Daniel
>
> Ok, I will move this later this evening or tomorrow evening. There are
> no issues reported at the moment, so it runs for those who use it.
>
> Daniel

Moved.

Daniel

Old 01-14-2010, 01:31 AM
GTR

The new configuration file shows:

# Linux kernel-mode plugin for pppd. If you want to try the kernel-mode
# plugin, use LINUX_PLUGIN=/usr/lib/rp-pppoe/
rp-pppoe.so/etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so

the old path hasn't been removed from comment line.