Old 01-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Dan McGee

Default PostgreSQL rebuild/bump

Is there anyone willing to bump PostgreSQL to 8.4.2? It is a security
update that we should probably look at sooner rather than later, and
right now almost all of the postgres packages in the repos are listed
as orphans (did Hugo disappear? I think he did them before). See here
(http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1170) for the release notes.

Of course, when I say bump, I also mean give it some sort of sanity
check post-build to make sure it built and runs fine.

-Dan

Old 01-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Allan McRae

Dan McGee wrote:

Is there anyone willing to bump PostgreSQL to 8.4.2? It is a security
update that we should probably look at sooner rather than later, and
right now almost all of the postgres packages in the repos are listed
as orphans (did Hugo disappear? I think he did them before).

Douglas was the previous maintainer and he has left so these are real
orphans at the moment. Should be a simple bump.

Allan

Old 01-04-2010, 04:48 AM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dan McGee wrote:
>>
>> Is there anyone willing to bump PostgreSQL to 8.4.2? It is a security
>> update that we should probably look at sooner rather than later, and
>> right now almost all of the postgres packages in the repos are listed
>> as orphans (did Hugo disappear? I think he did them before).
>
> Douglas was the previous maintainer and he has left so these are real
> orphans at the moment. *Should be a simple bump.

Whoops, that makes a lot more sense then. s/Hugo/Douglas/. Are there
no existing developers that use PG in a production-like setup? I use
it on my Slice but I would hardly call that mission-critical.

-Dan

Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Paul Mattal

Is there anyone willing to bump PostgreSQL to 8.4.2? It is a security
update that we should probably look at sooner rather than later, and
right now almost all of the postgres packages in the repos are listed
as orphans (did Hugo disappear? I think he did them before).

Douglas was the previous maintainer and he has left so these are real
orphans at the moment. Should be a simple bump.

Whoops, that makes a lot more sense then. s/Hugo/Douglas/. Are there
no existing developers that use PG in a production-like setup? I use
it on my Slice but I would hardly call that mission-critical.

Done for i686, and tested both locally and in production. If someone
builds for x86_64, I will test tomorrow.

- P

Old 01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/04/2010 08:23 AM, Paul Mattal wrote:

>>> Whoops, that makes a lot more sense then. s/Hugo/Douglas/. Are there
>>> no existing developers that use PG in a production-like setup? I use
>>> it on my Slice but I would hardly call that mission-critical.
>>
>> Done for i686, and tested both locally and in production. If someone
>> builds for x86_64, I will test tomorrow.
>> - P
>
> done.

Thanks all.

-Dan