Old 01-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default util-linux-ng-2.16.2-1

Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Am 24.01.2010 13:24, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> > One thing I noticed that doing a read-only bind mount does no longer work
> > in one step. Instead of
> >
> > mount -o bind,ro foo bar
> >
> > you have to use
> >
> > mount -o bind foo bar
> > mount -o remount,ro bar
> >
> > That bad thing is that this first command does not fail but simply mounts
> > read-write and issues a warning.
>
> Same here, otherwise /arch/signoff64

Is this a showstopper?

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Pierre Schmitz

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:07:16 +0100, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Am Sonntag 24 Januar 2010 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
>> Am 24.01.2010 13:24, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> > One thing I noticed that doing a read-only bind mount does no longer
>> > work
>> > in one step. Instead of
>> >
>> > mount -o bind,ro foo bar
>> >
>> > you have to use
>> >
>> > mount -o bind foo bar
>> > mount -o remount,ro bar
>> >
>> > That bad thing is that this first command does not fail but simply
>> > mounts
>> > read-write and issues a warning.
>>
>> Same here, otherwise /arch/signoff64
>>
> Is this a showstopper?

No, its just annoying. :-) It is documented in the man page so I guess its
intentional and no bug.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Jan de Groot

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 15:19 +0100, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> No, its just annoying. :-) It is documented in the man page so I guess
> its
> intentional and no bug.

The manpage says that options are taken from the original filesystem and
can't be changed when using --bind. Are you sure that it's mounted
readonly after the remount, and if so, are you sure the old release did
that also?