The GNU project is pleased to announce the availability of Libgcrypt
Libgcrypt is a general purpose library of cryptographic building
blocks. It is originally based on code used by GnuPG. It does not
provide any implementation of OpenPGP or other protocols. Thorough
understanding of applied cryptography is required to use Libgcrypt.
Noteworthy changes in version 1.4.5:
* Fixed minor memory leak in DSA key generation.
* No more switching to FIPS mode if /proc/version is not readable.
* Fixed a sigill during Padlock detection on old CPUs.
* Fixed a hang on some W2000 machines.
* Boosted SHA-512 performance by 30% on ia32 boxes and gcc 4.3;
SHA-256 went up by 25%.
12-27-2009, 07:04 PM
12-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Jan de Groot
Signoff for both architectures. Works fine, no visible regressions.