Old 12-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Hugo Doria

Default x264/ffmpeg rebuilds

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> That was kinda my point in the original email... *I was asking who wanted to
> take the lead, do the initial builds and find out what libraries have soname
> bumps.

I can do this after wednesday. I am having the final exams on my
university. Can we wait?

-- Hugo

Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Allan McRae

Hugo Doria wrote:

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:

That was kinda my point in the original email... I was asking who wanted to
take the lead, do the initial builds and find out what libraries have soname
bumps.

I can do this after wednesday. I am having the final exams on my
university. Can we wait?

Great. We need to wait a few days to move boost before we start this
anyway.

Allan

Old 12-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hugo Doria wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> That was kinda my point in the original email... *I was asking who wanted
>>> take the lead, do the initial builds and find out what libraries have
>>> soname
>>> bumps.
>>
>> I can do this after wednesday. I am having the final exams on my
>> university. Can we wait?
>
> Great. *We need to wait a few days to move boost before we start this
> anyway.
>
> Allan

I just did a quick update to find out what libraries had the soname
bump so that we'll have the rebuild list ready when Hugo will do the
initial builds. Soname bumps are on:

libx264
libavutil

Eric

Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 AM
"Allan McRae"

Eric Bélanger wrote:

That was kinda my point in the original email... I was asking who wanted
take the lead, do the initial builds and find out what libraries have
soname
bumps.

I can do this after wednesday. I am having the final exams on my
university. Can we wait?

Great. We need to wait a few days to move boost before we start this
anyway.

Allan

I just did a quick update to find out what libraries had the soname
bump so that we'll have the rebuild list ready when Hugo will do the
initial builds. Soname bumps are on:

libx264
libavutil

The list for [extra] for those libraries:
avidemux
gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins
motion
mpd
sox
vlc
xine-lib

Much less that is currently on the rebuild list.

Allan

Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Eric Bélanger wrote:

>>> Great. *We need to wait a few days to move boost before we start this
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> Allan
>>>

>> I just did a quick update to find out what libraries had the soname
>> bump so that we'll have the rebuild list ready when Hugo will do the
>> initial builds. Soname bumps are on:
>>
>> libx264
>> libavutil
>>

> The list for [extra] for those libraries:
> avidemux
> gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins
> motion
> mpd
> sox
> vlc
> xine-lib
>
> Much less that is currently on the rebuild list.
>
> Allan

That's good news. Could someone do the same for [community] so we can
correct the rebuild todo?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Dienstag 08 Dezember 2009 05:18:42 schrieb Eric Bélanger:
> >> I just did a quick update to find out what libraries had the soname
> >> bump so that we'll have the rebuild list ready when Hugo will do the
> >> initial builds. Soname bumps are on:
> >>
> >> libx264
> >> libavutil
> >
> > The list for [extra] for those libraries:
> > avidemux
> > gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins
> > motion
> > mpd
> > sox
> > vlc
> > xine-lib
> >
> > Much less that is currently on the rebuild list.
> >
> > Allan
>
> That's good news. Could someone do the same for [community] so we can
> correct the rebuild todo?

Here is a complete list including the community packages:

avidemux
cherokee
cinelerra-cv
dvdstyler
ffmpeg
ffmpeg2theora
ffmpegthumbnailer
gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins
libquicktime
mlt
moonlight
motion
mpd
sox
vlc
wxsvg
x264
xine-lib

Old 12-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:

>> > The list for [extra] for those libraries:
>> > avidemux
>> > gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins
>> > motion
>> > mpd
>> > sox
>> > vlc
>> > xine-lib
>> >
>> > Much less that is currently on the rebuild list.
>> >
>> > Allan
>>
>> That's good news. Could someone do the same for [community] so we can
>> correct the rebuild todo?
>>

> Here is a complete list including the community packages:
>
> avidemux
> cherokee
> cinelerra-cv
> dvdstyler
> ffmpeg
> ffmpeg2theora
> ffmpegthumbnailer
> gstreamer0.10-ugly-plugins
> libquicktime
> mlt
> moonlight
> motion
> mpd
> sox
> vlc
> wxsvg
> x264
> xine-lib

Thanks. I've updated the TODO.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hugo Doria wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> That was kinda my point in the original email... *I was asking who wanted
>>> take the lead, do the initial builds and find out what libraries have
>>> soname
>>> bumps.
>>
>> I can do this after wednesday. I am having the final exams on my
>> university. Can we wait?
>
> Great. *We need to wait a few days to move boost before we start this
> anyway.
>
> Allan

Bump. Any progress on this? Let us know if you don't have time so we
could get this thing going.

Eric

Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Ionut Biru

That was kinda my point in the original email... I was asking who wanted
take the lead, do the initial builds and find out what libraries have
soname
bumps.

I can do this after wednesday. I am having the final exams on my
university. Can we wait?

Great. We need to wait a few days to move boost before we start this
anyway.

Allan

Bump. Any progress on this? Let us know if you don't have time so we
could get this thing going.

Eric

now that Hugo doesn't have time i'll took the job for doing this.

x264 updated to 20100107 latest snapshot.
-ffmpeg /usr/lib/libx264.so.67
+ffmpeg /usr/lib/libx264.so.80

ffmpeg updated to svn latest revision 21104:

-ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52.20.0
+ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52.45.0

-ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.52.1.0
+ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.52.2.0

-ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavformat.so.52.31.0
+ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavformat.so.52.46.0

-ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.49
+ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.50

-ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.49.15.0
+ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.50.7.0

-ffmpeg /usr/lib/libswscale.so.0.7.1
+ffmpeg /usr/lib/libswscale.so.0.8.0

Pierre can you do the search and update todo list?

--
Ionut

Old 01-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2010 11:14 PM, Eric Bélanger wrote:

>>> Great. *We need to wait a few days to move boost before we start this
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> Allan
>>>

>> Bump. Any progress on this? *Let us know if you don't have time so we
>> could get this thing going.
>>
>> Eric
>
> now that Hugo doesn't have time i'll took the job for doing this.
>
> x264 updated to 20100107 latest snapshot.
> -ffmpeg /usr/lib/libx264.so.67
> +ffmpeg /usr/lib/libx264.so.80
>
> ffmpeg updated to svn latest revision 21104:
>
> -ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52.20.0
> +ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52.45.0
>
> -ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.52.1.0
> +ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.52.2.0
>
> -ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavformat.so.52.31.0
> +ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavformat.so.52.46.0
>
> -ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.49
> +ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.50
>
> -ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.49.15.0
> +ffmpeg /usr/lib/libavutil.so.50.7.0
>
> -ffmpeg /usr/lib/libswscale.so.0.7.1
> +ffmpeg /usr/lib/libswscale.so.0.8.0
>
> Pierre can you do the search and update todo list?

Thanks for picking up this job. I (we) can help with the rebuild. The
todo list is already up-to-date.