Old 12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Andreas Radke

Default radeon (X200m/RS480) kernel 2.6.32-1

1) as posted some weeks ago: early KMS mode is broken for me.
mkinitcpio fails to load the firmware though the firmware hook is
enabled and is included in the image. last line I see is:

platform radeon_cp.0: firmware: requesting radeon/R300_cp.bin

then it stops working. CTRL+ALT+DEL is working so I expect the kernel
not to be crashed.

2) KMS late mode is working in proper resolution now but it's highly
unstable for me in X. I will try to update to a new ddx git shot and
maybe we need a new libdrm to get this stable.

3) without kms radeon seems stable for me.

4) glxgears nearly doubled to 31 kernels but supertuxkart instantly
crashes:
[andyrtr@laptop64 ~]$ unset LC_ALL; LANG=C supertuxkart
Data files will be fetched from: '/usr/share/supertuxkart/'
Highscores will be saved in
'/home/andyrtr/.supertuxkart/highscore.data'.
*********************************WARN_ONCE******** *************************
File radeon_dma.c function radeonReleaseDmaRegions line 348 Leaking dma
buffer object!
************************************************** *************************
supertuxkart: radeon_bo_legacy.c:207: legacy_is_pending: Assertion
`bo_legacy->is_pending <= bo->cref' failed. Abgebrochen

Just a few first impressions with this "stable" kernel release.

-Andy

Old 12-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Thomas Bächler

Andreas Radke schrieb:

1) as posted some weeks ago: early KMS mode is broken for me.
mkinitcpio fails to load the firmware though the firmware hook is
enabled and is included in the image. last line I see is:

platform radeon_cp.0: firmware: requesting radeon/R300_cp.bin

Okay, mkinitcpio does add the firmware to the image, the firmware loader
is basically identical to the one in normal userspace and when I switch
the shebang in my normal firmware loader to klibc-dash, it still works.
I cannot find any more possible sources of error in here.

You could add some "echo something > /dev/console" to the firmware.sh
script to see if it finished correctly, or where it hangs.