Old 12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default udev-149-1

Am Donnerstag 03 Dezember 2009 schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> Tobias Powalowski schrieb:
> > Hi
> > Major changes:
> > - Minimal kernel version bumped to 2.6.27:
> > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=commit;h=1da6c797fdbb94
> >372c1a809acf1a0ca159b2d7b1
> >
> > - Older kernels than 2.6.31 might need the udev-compat package:
> > Most NAME= instructions got removed. Kernel 2.6.31 supplies the needed
> > names if they are not the default. To support older kernels, the
> > NAME=rules need to be added to the compat rules file.
>
> There is another problem: This requires the latest device-mapper package
> from testing to work, as I removed part of the arch-rules.patch to solve
> a bug with cryptsetup. Now, this opened another bug related to
> cryptsetup, which I cannot solve right now. Is it a problem if this
> stays in testing for a while longer, together with device-mapper?

Hi
bumped udev to latest version, please try and signoff.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 12-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Andreas Radke

Signoff x86_64.

I already moved latest LTS kernel that depends on udev-compat. So -Syu
fails now. It would be nice to move udev quickly.

-Andy

Old 12-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Ionut Biru

I already moved latest LTS kernel that depends on udev-compat. So -Syu
fails now. It would be nice to move udev quickly.

-Andy

signoff x86_64

--
Ionut