Old 12-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Eric Blanger

Default gpm-1.20.6-4

Hi,

gpm 1.20.6-4 is in testing.

Changes:
* Added profile for extra security on multi-user-console (close FS#17243)
* Removed the need of texinfo depends

Please test and signoff.

Eric

Old 12-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Roman Kyrylych

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 11:11, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> gpm 1.20.6-4 is in testing.
>
> Changes:
> ** Added profile for extra security on multi-user-console (close FS#17243)
> ** Removed the need of texinfo depends
>
> Please test and signoff.

No signoff from me.

When the package is installed but gpm is not running (i.e. daemon not started)
this error appers right after login on a tty:
disable-paste: cannot open mouse connection

profile.d/gpm.sh should check if gpm is started before running disable-paste.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Eric Bélanger

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 11:11, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> gpm 1.20.6-4 is in testing.
>>
>> Changes:
>> ** Added profile for extra security on multi-user-console (close FS#17243)
>> ** Removed the need of texinfo depends
>>
>> Please test and signoff.
>
> No signoff from me.
>
> When the package is installed but gpm is not running (i.e. daemon not started)
> this error appers right after login on a tty:
> disable-paste: cannot open mouse connection
>
> profile.d/gpm.sh should check if gpm is started before running disable-paste.

Someone else also mentionned that in bug tracker. I'll upload a fixed package.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Eric Blanger

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Eric Blanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 11:11, Eric Blanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> gpm 1.20.6-4 is in testing.
>>>
>>> Changes:
>>> ** Added profile for extra security on multi-user-console (close FS#17243)
>>> ** Removed the need of texinfo depends
>>>
>>> Please test and signoff.
>>
>> No signoff from me.
>>
>> When the package is installed but gpm is not running (i.e. daemon not started)
>> this error appers right after login on a tty:
>> disable-paste: cannot open mouse connection
>>
>> profile.d/gpm.sh should check if gpm is started before running disable-paste.
>>

> Someone else also mentionned that in bug tracker. I'll upload a fixed package.

Please test and signoff gpm-1.20.6-5 in testing. The gpm.sh profile
now checks if gpm is running before running disable-paste.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Roman Kyrylych

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 07:24, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please test and signoff gpm-1.20.6-5 in testing. *The gpm.sh profile
> now checks if gpm is running before running disable-paste.

Sing off x86_64.

However, the check is ineffective: it is done per tty,
but it is enough to do this once and then iterate over ttys if needed.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Roman Kyrylych

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 13:28, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 07:24, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please test and signoff gpm-1.20.6-5 in testing. *The gpm.sh profile
>> now checks if gpm is running before running disable-paste.
>
> Sing off x86_64.
>
> However, the check is ineffective: it is done per tty,
> but it is enough to do this once and then iterate over ttys if needed.

Err, ignore that silly wrong sentence completely.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 12-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 07:24, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please test and signoff gpm-1.20.6-5 in testing. *The gpm.sh profile
>> now checks if gpm is running before running disable-paste.
>
> Sing off x86_64.

Bump. Anyone for i686?