Old 12-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default udev-149...

Dan McGee schrieb:

The pata_sis driver never worked for my desktop - until the motherboard went
up in smoke, so I cannot test if this improved.

That said, I agree that we can remove IDE from 2.6.32 with the appropriate
warning signs set everywhere.

Hell no, -300 on this. My second computer won't boot at *all* with the
newer drivers, it absolutely needs the older drivers. What is the rush
to kill these drivers from our kernel anyway? If upstream doesn't
remove them we shouldn't be...

tpowa decided to leave them in the kernel for now. Does this still not
work? It's been a long time since we talked about it, I thought this
might be solved by now.