Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Arvid Picciani

Default Qt 4.6.0

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:

Maybe is related to this (not sure, I didn't a deep research)

http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-4958

Under qt-4.5.3:
$ ./qt
point size: 10 -> 12.75
point size: 12 -> 15

But under qt-4.6.0:
$ ./qt
point size: 10 -> 16.67
point size: 12 -> 20

Bigger numbers than in 4.5.

thats a bug, but that would effect only offscreen rendering. Easy test:

1) open qtconfig
2) set to plastique and remember font size
3) rm .config/Trolltech.conf
4) start X without kde
5) open qtconfig and compare font size

if you can reproduce the problem that way, please post your fontconfig.

--
Arvid
Asgaard Technologies

Old 12-04-2009, 03:06 AM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Arvid Picciani wrote:
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>> Maybe is related to this (not sure, I didn't a deep research)
>>
>> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-4958
>>
>> Under qt-4.5.3:
>> $ ./qt
>> point size: 10 -> 12.75
>> point size: 12 -> 15
>>
>> But under qt-4.6.0:
>> $ ./qt
>> point size: 10 -> 16.67
>> point size: 12 -> 20
>>
>> Bigger numbers than in 4.5.
>>

> thats a bug, but that would effect only offscreen rendering. Easy test:
>
> 1) open qtconfig
> 2) set to plastique and remember font size
> 3) rm .config/Trolltech.conf
> 4) start X without kde
> 5) open qtconfig and compare font size
>
> if you can reproduce the problem that way, please post your fontconfig.

Hi

OK

This is was I done:

Under new clean user with qt 4.6.0 installed:

1) startx (with KDE)
2) qtconfig -> set plastique -> save to apply theme settings, screenshot
here [#1]
3) rm .config/Trolltech.conf
4) startx (with TWM)
5) qtconfig -> (default settings), screenshot here [#2], set plastique,
screenshoot here [#3]

The same steps are done but with qt 4.5 respectively [#4] [#5] and [#6]

fontconfig settings (files under /etc/fonts/conf.d) are all the default
plus 10-autohint.conf

These are the fonts loaded/used by qtconfig (lsof)
/usr/share/fonts/TTF/FreeSans.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans-Oblique.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/TTF/luxisr.ttf
/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans.ttf

[#1] http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/screenshoots/qt46-under-kde.png
[#2] http://archlinux.djgera.com.ar/screenshoots/qt46-under-twm.png