Old 11-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Default mdadm-3.1.1-1

Hi
Changelog:
http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob;f=ANNOUNCE-3.1.1;h=9e480dc0e315825d6b3b60081e8b34bf382f9b9f;h b=40bc78f5cd292d90917cb0a8c177498a516494c3
Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.

Moved udev rule for md devices to mdadm package.
In case of moving, both need to be moved simultaniously.

Still an issue in initscripts:
One thing i observed, when using a custom /etc/mdadm.conf file our rc.sysinit
will run mdadm --assemble --scan, which will always give exit code 2, due to
devices busy.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 11-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
> Changelog:
> http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob;f=ANNOUNCE-3.1.1;h=9e480dc0e315825d6b3b60081e8b34bf382f9b9f;h b=40bc78f5cd292d90917cb0a8c177498a516494c3
> Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.
>
> Moved udev rule for md devices to mdadm package.
> In case of moving, both need to be moved simultaniously.
>
> Still an issue in initscripts:
> One thing i observed, when using a custom /etc/mdadm.conf file our rc.sysinit
> will run mdadm --assemble --scan, which will always give exit code 2, due to
> devices busy.
>
> greetings
> tpowa
> --

I'm still getting the problem Thomas was supposed to tell you about,
i.e I can't boot if I don't have raid1 and raid456 in the MODULES
array in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf. I can give more info if necessary.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Samstag 28 November 2009 schrieb Eric Bélanger:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi
> > Changelog:
> > http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob;f=ANNOUNCE-3.1.1;h=9e480dc0e315
> >825d6b3b60081e8b34bf382f9b9f;hb=40bc78f5cd292d909 17cb0a8c177498a516494c3
> > Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.
> >
> > Moved udev rule for md devices to mdadm package.
> > In case of moving, both need to be moved simultaniously.
> >
> > Still an issue in initscripts:
> > One thing i observed, when using a custom /etc/mdadm.conf file our
> > rc.sysinit will run mdadm --assemble --scan, which will always give exit
> > code 2, due to devices busy.
> >
> > greetings
> > tpowa
> > --
>
> I'm still getting the problem Thomas was supposed to tell you about,
> i.e I can't boot if I don't have raid1 and raid456 in the MODULES
> array in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf. I can give more info if necessary.

This is fixed in mkinitcpio git tree, the new tools changed output, we need
the -v parameter there.
Thomas any chance to release a new mkinitcpio soon?

greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Freitag, 27. November 2009 11:41:35 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.

This has been in testing for a long time. I'll sign off for x86_64.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 01 Februar 2010 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Am Freitag, 27. November 2009 11:41:35 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.
>
> This has been in testing for a long time. I'll sign off for x86_64.
anyone for i686?

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org