Old 11-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Ionut Biru

Default boost-1.41.0 rebuild

Hi all,

I just put up an internal TODO list for boot update for extra/community.
I want to do that after heimdal is moved in core.

What do you think about that?

--
Ionut

Old 11-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Allan McRae

Ionut Biru wrote:

Hi all,

I just put up an internal TODO list for boot update for extra/community.
I want to do that after heimdal is moved in core.

What do you think about that?

Sounds fine. It is good to see that boost has sonames now so that
figuring out what needs rebuilt is not longer a dark art. Note that we
usually need to do some compatibility patching with boost updates.

Allan

Old 11-28-2009, 01:22 AM
"K. Piche"

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 09:01 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Ionut Biru wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just put up an internal TODO list for boot update for extra/community.
> > I want to do that after heimdal is moved in core.
> >
> > What do you think about that?
> >

> Sounds fine. It is good to see that boost has sonames now so that
> figuring out what needs rebuilt is not longer a dark art. Note that we
> usually need to do some compatibility patching with boost updates.
>
> Allan

Not many packages actually needed rebuilding last time, which was nice
compared to the previous versions. A few like lirc don't actually
use .so's so boost should really be makedepends.

Leaving on vacation tomorrow, so go ahead or wait until I get back.

regards,

K. Piche <kpiche@rogers.com>

Old 12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Ionut Biru

I just put up an internal TODO list for boot update for
extra/community. I want to do that after heimdal is moved in core.

What do you think about that?

Sounds fine. It is good to see that boost has sonames now so that
figuring out what needs rebuilt is not longer a dark art. Note that we
usually need to do some compatibility patching with boost updates.

Allan

boost 1.41 is in testing. i'm starting to rebuild some of them but i
can't do all by myself. help is appreciated.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:08 AM
"Allan McRae"

Ionut Biru wrote:

I just put up an internal TODO list for boot update for
extra/community. I want to do that after heimdal is moved in core.

What do you think about that?

Sounds fine. It is good to see that boost has sonames now so that
figuring out what needs rebuilt is not longer a dark art. Note that we
usually need to do some compatibility patching with boost updates.

Allan

boost 1.41 is in testing. i'm starting to rebuild some of them but i
can't do all by myself. help is appreciated.

All is now rebuilt apart from bmpx in [extra] and schroot in [community].

The website for bmpx is down/gone. We discussed dropping bmpx from the
repos with the last boost update but did not in the end as it did not
need a rebuild. Any objections to removing it?

Schroot needs updated (old sources are not where source says they should
be). The sed statement in the PKGBUILD does not work, but I have no
idea whether that is still needed. The maintainer will need to look at it.

Allan

Old 12-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Giovanni Scafora

2009/12/6, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:
> The website for bmpx is down/gone. We discussed dropping bmpx from the
> repos with the last boost update but did not in the end as it did not need a
> rebuild. Any objections to removing it?

+1
BMPx has been abandoned [1] in favor of Youki [2].
We can remove it.

[1] http://www.lastfm.it/group/BMPx/forum/28430/_/362915 (see the last
post, Dic 3 2009)
[2] http://youki.mp/

--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 12-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Giovanni Scafora

Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Allan McRae

Giovanni Scafora wrote:

The website for bmpx is down/gone. We discussed dropping bmpx from the
repos with the last boost update but did not in the end as it did not need a
rebuild. Any objections to removing it?

+1
BMPx has been abandoned [1] in favor of Youki [2].
We can remove it.

[1] http://www.lastfm.it/group/BMPx/forum/28430/_/362915 (see the last
post, Dic 3 2009)
[2] http://youki.mp/

Thanks for the clarification. Removal is definitely the way to go then.

All the packages have been rebuilt now, so we should wait a couple of
days then move the packages.

Allan