Old 11-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Andrea Scarpino

Default akonadi package splitted

Hi DEVs,
I'd like to split akonadi into two packages: one for libs and one for services.
I already did it in my local machine; I checked all kde-* packages,
digikam, kipi-plugins, konversation, koffice-* and none needs
akonadi-server, so this update will broke nothing.
Obviously people who use akonadi for what it has been made needs to
install akonadi-server package, so we need to add akonadi-server as
optdependence to some package.

If no one have objection I will update akonadi on [testing].

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Giovanni Scafora

2009/11/23, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org>:
> Hi DEVs,
> I'd like to split akonadi into two packages: one for libs and one for services.
> I already did it in my local machine; I checked all kde-* packages,
> digikam, kipi-plugins, konversation, koffice-* and none needs
> akonadi-server, so this update will broke nothing.
> Obviously people who use akonadi for what it has been made needs to
> install akonadi-server package, so we need to add akonadi-server as
> optdependence to some package.
>
> If no one have objection I will update akonadi on [testing].

Let's go :-)

--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 11-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Andrea Scarpino

On 2009/11/23, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi DEVs,
> I'd like to split akonadi into two packages: one for libs and one for
> services.
> I already did it in my local machine; I checked all kde-* packages,
> digikam, kipi-plugins, konversation, koffice-* and none needs
> akonadi-server, so this update will broke nothing.
> Obviously people who use akonadi for what it has been made needs to
> install akonadi-server package, so we need to add akonadi-server as
> optdependence to some package.
>
> If no one have objection I will update akonadi on [testing].

ATM, forget it. Seems more complicated, I'll do more test with KDE 4.4.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Thomas Bächler

Andrea Scarpino schrieb:

I'd like to split akonadi into two packages: one for libs and one for
services.
I already did it in my local machine; I checked all kde-* packages,
digikam, kipi-plugins, konversation, koffice-* and none needs
akonadi-server, so this update will broke nothing.
Obviously people who use akonadi for what it has been made needs to
install akonadi-server package, so we need to add akonadi-server as
optdependence to some package.

If no one have objection I will update akonadi on [testing].

ATM, forget it. Seems more complicated, I'll do more test with KDE 4.4.

Also, keep the package names clearer: akonadi would be akonadi-server
and would depend on akonadi-client or so. That way, if you install
"akonadi" you would still get the whole akonadi, not just the clients.
It is more intuitive this way.