Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Allan McRae

Default heimdal-1.3.1 rebuild

Hi all,

I just put up an internal TODO list for the heimdal update for
[core]/[extra]. There is a soname bump in libhx509. I will do some
more testing and build at least neon, subversion and openssh before
uploading.

Someone will want to see what packages from [community] need rebuilt.

Allan

Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Hi all,

I just put up an internal TODO list for the heimdal update for
[core]/[extra]. There is a soname bump in libhx509. I will do some
more testing and build at least neon, subversion and openssh before
uploading.

As an aside, the rebuild list for this library bump has halved since
last time due to the use --as-needed. Awesome!

Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Hi all,

I just put up an internal TODO list for the heimdal update for
[core]/[extra]. There is a soname bump in libhx509. I will do some
more testing and build at least neon, subversion and openssh before
uploading.

This will be slightly delayed...

I have found an issue with heimdal headers and C++, which cause (e.g.)
CUPS not to compile. I have sent a simple patch upstream, but I want to
wait to get their comments before pushing it to our repos.

Allan

Old 11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Ionut Biru

I just put up an internal TODO list for the heimdal update for
[core]/[extra]. There is a soname bump in libhx509. I will do some more
testing and build at least neon, subversion and openssh before uploading.

Someone will want to see what packages from [community] need rebuilt.

Allan

here is the list for community

cadaver-0.23.2-3.pkg.tar.gz
gimmie-0.2.8-8-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
gnome-cups-manager-0.33-6.pkg.tar.gz
lib32-gtk2-2.18.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
lib32-heimdal-1.2.1-7-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
lib32-libcups-1.4.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
perl-gssapi-0.26-1.pkg.tar.gz
splix-2.0.0-1.pkg.tar.gz

--
Ionut

Old 11-24-2009, 03:15 AM
"Allan McRae"

Allan McRae wrote:

Allan McRae wrote:

Hi all,

I just put up an internal TODO list for the heimdal update for
[core]/[extra]. There is a soname bump in libhx509. I will do some
more testing and build at least neon, subversion and openssh before
uploading.

This will be slightly delayed...

I have found an issue with heimdal headers and C++, which cause (e.g.)
CUPS not to compile. I have sent a simple patch upstream, but I want to
wait to get their comments before pushing it to our repos.

Upstream have applied a version of my patch which will be in there next
release so I am happy patching our package and the rebuild is a go!

As always, this is a big rebuild and if you upgrade now then things
might stop working. I have built heimdal, openssh, neon, subversion,
(lib)cups and gtk2 so it should not be too bad...

Go rebuild team!

Allan

Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Ionut Biru

I just put up an internal TODO list for the heimdal update for
[core]/[extra]. There is a soname bump in libhx509. I will do some
more testing and build at least neon, subversion and openssh before
uploading.

As an aside, the rebuild list for this library bump has halved since
last time due to the use --as-needed. Awesome!

noticed that samba and cvs were broken with this message:

/usr/lib/libkrb5.so.25: version `HEIMDAL_KRB5_1.0' not found

i decided to scan extra and community for this. New addition to the todo
list:

cvs
cyrus-sal
cyrus-sal-plugins
dovecot
evolution-data-server
gtklp
samba
cvs-feature
freeradius
perl-gssapi
splix

--
Ionut

Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Allan McRae wrote:

Allan McRae wrote:

Hi all,

I just put up an internal TODO list for the heimdal update for
[core]/[extra]. There is a soname bump in libhx509. I will do some
more testing and build at least neon, subversion and openssh before
uploading.

This will be slightly delayed...

I have found an issue with heimdal headers and C++, which cause (e.g.)
CUPS not to compile. I have sent a simple patch upstream, but I want
to wait to get their comments before pushing it to our repos.

Upstream have applied a version of my patch which will be in there next
release so I am happy patching our package and the rebuild is a go!

As always, this is a big rebuild and if you upgrade now then things
might stop working. I have built heimdal, openssh, neon, subversion,
(lib)cups and gtk2 so it should not be too bad...

Go rebuild team!

Just so people using [testing] know the status of this rebuild (because
they are all reading this list, right?), there is only really samba and
nfs-utils left to go.

Allan

Old 11-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Allan McRae wrote:

Allan McRae wrote:

Allan McRae wrote:

[...]

I have uploaded heimdal-1.3.1-2 and committed the build fix to the samba
PKGBUILD. It is late here, so can someone please build and upload the
samba packages?

Thanks,
Allan

Old 11-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Ionut Biru

[...]

doing rebuild now for x86_64 and i686

--
Ionut

Old 11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Allan McRae

And the rebuild appears complete. A big thanks to Ionut and Giovanni
for their help.

Any package not working due to the updated heimdal is now a bug (make
sure your mirror has the latest version before filing one).

I will leave packages in [testing] for ~1 week before calling for a
signoff. In particular, I would like reports on whether
nfs-utils/librpcsecgss still work as both were already patched for
heimdal support. It does not appear those patches need updated, but
confirmation all is working would be nice.

Allan