Old 11-17-2009, 05:20 AM
"Allan McRae"

Default libtool-2.2.6b-1

Upstream update

From release announcement:
This release is a bug fix release for version 2.2.6. The following
bugs are fixed:

- Fixed libltdl to no longer attempt to dlopen() the old_library
listed in the .la file. Now will use only the preopen loader to
attempt to load it. This may be a security issue, all users are
advised to upgrade.
- Similarly, don't open module.la from the current directory, this
changes the behavior of libltdl to match the documentation.

Signoff both,
Allan

Old 11-24-2009, 03:08 AM
"Allan McRae"

Allan McRae wrote:

Upstream update

From release announcement:
This release is a bug fix release for version 2.2.6. The following
bugs are fixed:

- Fixed libltdl to no longer attempt to dlopen() the old_library
listed in the .la file. Now will use only the preopen loader to
attempt to load it. This may be a security issue, all users are
advised to upgrade.
- Similarly, don't open module.la from the current directory, this
changes the behavior of libltdl to match the documentation.

Signoff both

Anyone?

Old 11-24-2009, 03:29 AM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>> Upstream update
>>
>> *From release announcement:
>> This release is a bug fix release for version 2.2.6. The following
>> bugs are fixed:
>>
>> *- Fixed libltdl to no longer attempt to dlopen() the old_library
>> * listed in the .la file. Now will use only the preopen loader to
>> * attempt to load it. This may be a security issue, all users are
>> * advised to upgrade.
>> *- Similarly, don't open module.la from the current directory, this
>> * changes the behavior of libltdl to match the documentation.
>>

>> Signoff both
>
> Anyone?

Pacman compiles haven't broken...signoff x86_64?

-Dan

Old 11-26-2009, 03:13 AM
"Allan McRae"

Dan McGee wrote:

This release is a bug fix release for version 2.2.6. The following
bugs are fixed:

- Fixed libltdl to no longer attempt to dlopen() the old_library
listed in the .la file. Now will use only the preopen loader to
attempt to load it. This may be a security issue, all users are
advised to upgrade.
- Similarly, don't open module.la from the current directory, this
changes the behavior of libltdl to match the documentation.

Signoff both

Anyone?

Pacman compiles haven't broken...signoff x86_64?

Good enough for me. It is a minor update so any basic functionality
test should be enough for a sign-off.

So, how about an i686?

Old 11-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dan McGee wrote:

>>> Anyone?
>>
>> Pacman compiles haven't broken...signoff x86_64?
>>

> Good enough for me. *It is a minor update so any basic functionality test
> should be enough for a sign-off.
>
> So, how about an i686?

signoff i686