Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Ionut Biru

Default dependencies

hi,

on the last bug squashing day i was trying to fix FS#16593 and FS#16476
and Andrea suggested that i should ask the maintainer if is fine to add
or remove dependencies.
I did that and i didn't get any response. So, i'm asking you guys what
is the best solution to fix these bugs. Add libasl/curl to dependencies,
only libasl, only curl or build like is it now in chroot?

libasl is for VNC SASL support

--
Ionut

Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> on the last bug squashing day i was trying to fix FS#16593 and FS#16476 and
> Andrea suggested that i should ask the maintainer if is fine to add or
> remove dependencies.
> I did that and i didn't get any response. So, i'm asking you guys what is
> the best solution to fix these bugs. Add libasl/curl to dependencies, only
> libasl, only curl or build like is it now in chroot?
>
> libasl is for VNC SASL support

Looks like tpowa is listed as the qemu maintainer, so perhaps he might
answer here.

Personally, I don't see a problem with those two deps. Adding a
library dep usually isn't a big deal, and curl is fairly standard on
systems anyway.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 16 November 2009 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > on the last bug squashing day i was trying to fix FS#16593 and FS#16476
> > and Andrea suggested that i should ask the maintainer if is fine to add
> > or remove dependencies.
> > I did that and i didn't get any response. So, i'm asking you guys what is
> > the best solution to fix these bugs. Add libasl/curl to dependencies,
> > only libasl, only curl or build like is it now in chroot?
> >
> > libasl is for VNC SASL support
>
> Looks like tpowa is listed as the qemu maintainer, so perhaps he might
> answer here.
>
> Personally, I don't see a problem with those two deps. Adding a
> library dep usually isn't a big deal, and curl is fairly standard on
> systems anyway.

Yes add them. i need to look into qemu, kvm package seems both can be merged
in one package.

greetings
tpowa

--