Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default Vacation Nov 7th - 14th

Aaron Griffin schrieb:

But, if you need anything, I'm fairly certain you guys can handle it.
All of you doing admin type work seem competent enough to deal with
anything that comes up, so I will not have anything to worry about.

Anything except the current hard drive failure, but I guess you settled
the funds issue already today. Have a nice week.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>>
>> But, if you need anything, I'm fairly certain you guys can handle it.
>> All of you doing admin type work seem competent enough to deal with
>> anything that comes up, so I will not have anything to worry about.
>
> Anything except the current hard drive failure, but I guess you settled the
> funds issue already today. Have a nice week.

Yep, funds were sent and drive was just ordered with 2 day shipping

Old 11-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Thomas Bächler

Aaron Griffin schrieb:

But, if you need anything, I'm fairly certain you guys can handle it.
All of you doing admin type work seem competent enough to deal with
anything that comes up, so I will not have anything to worry about.

Anything except the current hard drive failure, but I guess you settled the
funds issue already today. Have a nice week.

Yep, funds were sent and drive was just ordered with 2 day shipping

Everybody pray that we survive that long. Jan is running backups to the
external drive though

Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Evangelos Foutras

(I couldn't reply to arch-dev-public, so I'm forwarding my message to
arch-general.)

But, if you need anything, I'm fairly certain you guys can handle it.
All of you doing admin type work seem competent enough to deal with
anything that comes up, so I will not have anything to worry about.

Anything except the current hard drive failure, but I guess you
settled the funds issue already today. Have a nice week.

Does this mean that RAID 1 is used and one of the two drives failed?

Also, is there a page describing the current Arch server(s) setup? I
remember reading something about Xen being used and I'd be interested in
knowing more. I understand this information is only useful to the
admins, but I'm curious.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Thomas Bächler

Evangelos Foutras schrieb:

Does this mean that RAID 1 is used and one of the two drives failed?

Indeed. Actually, we failed it because performance was crappy due to the
slowly dying drive.

Also, is there a page describing the current Arch server(s) setup? I
remember reading something about Xen being used and I'd be interested in
knowing more. I understand this information is only useful to the
admins, but I'm curious.

Some of it is already out of date, but here it is:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=CategoryeveloperWiki:Server_Conf iguration

Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Evangelos Foutras

Thomas Bächler wrote:
Also, is there a page describing the current Arch server(s) setup? I
remember reading something about Xen being used and I'd be interested
in knowing more. I understand this information is only useful to the
admins, but I'm curious.

Some of it is already out of date, but here it is:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=CategoryeveloperWiki:Server_Conf iguration

That was quite informative. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Giovanni Scafora

2009/11/2, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
> I'm heading to Jamaica for a week (next week) and will basically be
> out of touch for that time. The only internet access I will have will
> be in random cafes. I will bring my Eee with me just in case.
>
> But, if you need anything, I'm fairly certain you guys can handle it.
> All of you doing admin type work seem competent enough to deal with
> anything that comes up, so I will not have anything to worry about.
>
> If, for some random reason, people need to get a hold of me, I can get
> incoming text messages for free. Dan knows my number. If anyone else
> wants it, let me know.
>
> Anything that needs doing before I go? You have until Friday

Have a nice week.

--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm heading to Jamaica for a week (next week) and will basically be
> out of touch for that time. The only internet access I will have will
> be in random cafes. I will bring my Eee with me just in case.
>
> But, if you need anything, I'm fairly certain you guys can handle it.
> All of you doing admin type work seem competent enough to deal with
> anything that comes up, so I will not have anything to worry about.
>
> If, for some random reason, people need to get a hold of me, I can get
> incoming text messages for free. Dan knows my number. If anyone else
> wants it, let me know.
>
> Anything that needs doing before I go? You have until Friday

So I'm leaving at like 4am tomorrow. I'll be online for a few more
hours tonight. I dread the amount of email I'll have when I return, so
I just marked all the (60+) unread bug emails I had as read.

See ya'll in a week or so.

Cheers,
Aaron

Old 11-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Dieter Plaetinck

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:06:09 -0600
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Aaron Griffin
> <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> > I'm heading to Jamaica for a week (next week) and will basically be
> > out of touch for that time. The only internet access I will have
> > will be in random cafes. I will bring my Eee with me just in case.
> >
> > But, if you need anything, I'm fairly certain you guys can handle
> > it. All of you doing admin type work seem competent enough to deal
> > with anything that comes up, so I will not have anything to worry
> > about.
> >
> > If, for some random reason, people need to get a hold of me, I can
> > get incoming text messages for free. Dan knows my number. If anyone
> > else wants it, let me know.
> >
> > Anything that needs doing before I go? You have until Friday
>
> So I'm leaving at like 4am tomorrow. I'll be online for a few more
> hours tonight. I dread the amount of email I'll have when I return, so
> I just marked all the (60+) unread bug emails I had as read.
>
> See ya'll in a week or so.
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron

have fun over dere mah man