Old 11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default mdadm-3.1-1

Hi
bump to latest version, please signoff.
Due to lack of hardware also users can signoff.
Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.

One thing i observed, when using a custom /etc/mdadm.conf file our rc.sysinit
will run mdadm --assemble --scan, which will always give exit code 2, due to
devices busy.

Thanks.
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Dan McGee

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi
> bump to latest version, please signoff.
> Due to lack of hardware also users can signoff.
> Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.
>
> One thing i observed, when using a custom /etc/mdadm.conf file our rc.sysinit
> will run mdadm --assemble --scan, which will always give exit code 2, due to
> devices busy.

1. I think we have a lot of developers using mdadm and software RAID.
2. This is not a "bump" at all, it is a major jump from 2.6.9 to 3.1.
I think changelogs would be appropriate along with some bake time:
http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob_plain;f=ANNOUNCE-3.0;hb=7f0066ba713a8f3ddf093c038e009fde74d673a5
http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob_plain;f=ANNOUNCE-3.1;h=343b85da627402c709a4526f095ccf194f48ee48;hb= 7f0066ba713a8f3ddf093c038e009fde74d673a5

-Dan

Old 11-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 02 November 2009 schrieb Dan McGee:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi
> > bump to latest version, please signoff.
> > Due to lack of hardware also users can signoff.
> > Please update and recreate your initcpio after upgrading.
> >
> > One thing i observed, when using a custom /etc/mdadm.conf file our
> > rc.sysinit will run mdadm --assemble --scan, which will always give exit
> > code 2, due to devices busy.
>
> 1. I think we have a lot of developers using mdadm and software RAID.
Sorry was a copy and paste error from dmraid signoff mail.
> 2. This is not a "bump" at all, it is a major jump from 2.6.9 to 3.1.
> I think changelogs would be appropriate along with some bake time:
> http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob_plain;f=ANNOUNCE-3.0;hb=7f0066ba7
> 13a8f3ddf093c038e009fde74d673a5
> http://neil.brown.name/git?p=mdadm;a=blob_plain;f=ANNOUNCE-3.1;h=343b85da6
> 27402c709a4526f095ccf194f48ee48;hb=7f0066ba713a8f3 ddf093c038e009fde74d673a5
Thanks for posting the links.

greetings
tpowa
--