Old 11-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default WARNING: openntpd upgrade breaks openssh on next restart

Roman Kyrylych schrieb:

Correction: the latest openssh package (3.5p1-2)
works around missing /var/empty by creating it in rc.d daemon.

We should do that everywhere when a daemon absolutely needs a
directory/file to exist. We should not rely on it being present on the
file system in such critical cases.

pacman suffers from a similar problem: running pacman on an empty file
system will result in an error message indicating there is no local
database directory - you have to create it first manually. While this is
not critical, it is still annoying.