Old 11-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Allan McRae

Default glibc-2.11 toolchain rebuild

I have put the glibc-2.11 toolchain rebuild in [testing]. Apart from
glibc-2.11, the kernel header patch level got bumped to the latest
version and I took a newer snapshot of the binutils-2.20 branch.

From a quick look at the changelog there should not be a lot of issues
compiling stuff like previous glibc/gcc releases. As always, it has be
well tested in Fedora and you should look there for any patches needed.

Signoff both,
Allan

Old 11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 6:58 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> I have put the glibc-2.11 toolchain rebuild in [testing]. *Apart from
> glibc-2.11, the kernel header patch level got bumped to the latest version
> and I took a newer snapshot of the binutils-2.20 branch.
>
> From a quick look at the changelog there should not be a lot of issues
> compiling stuff like previous glibc/gcc releases. *As always, it has be well
> tested in Fedora and you should look there for any patches needed.

valgrind needs a rebuild:
Depends On : glibc>=2.10.1 glibc<2.11 perl

-Dan

Old 11-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:40:04 -0600
schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:

> valgrind needs a rebuild:
> Depends On : glibc>=2.10.1 glibc<2.11 perl
>
> -Dan

Just rebuilt it. I've only added a buildfix to make it compile. I hope
it keeps working as epxected.

-Andy

Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Dan McGee

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:40:04 -0600
> schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com>:
>
>> valgrind needs a rebuild:
>> Depends On * * : glibc>=2.10.1 *glibc<2.11 *perl
>>
>> -Dan
>>

> Just rebuilt it. I've only added a buildfix to make it compile. I hope
> it keeps working as epxected.

Seems to be working well in some quick testing, thanks!

-Dan

Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Allan McRae

Dan McGee wrote:

Depends On : glibc>=2.10.1 glibc<2.11 perl

-Dan

Just rebuilt it. I've only added a buildfix to make it compile. I hope
it keeps working as epxected.

Seems to be working well in some quick testing, thanks!

Thanks for the rebuild... I always forget about this!

Allan

Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:
I have put the glibc-2.11 toolchain rebuild in [testing]. Apart from
glibc-2.11, the kernel header patch level got bumped to the latest
version and I took a newer snapshot of the binutils-2.20 branch.

From a quick look at the changelog there should not be a lot of issues
compiling stuff like previous glibc/gcc releases. As always, it has be
well tested in Fedora and you should look there for any patches needed.

This has been in [testing] for 10 days now and I have not heard of any
issues. Time for some signoffs.

Thanks,
Allan

Old 11-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Thomas Bächler

Allan McRae schrieb:

Allan McRae wrote:
I have put the glibc-2.11 toolchain rebuild in [testing]. Apart from
glibc-2.11, the kernel header patch level got bumped to the latest
version and I took a newer snapshot of the binutils-2.20 branch.

From a quick look at the changelog there should not be a lot of
issues compiling stuff like previous glibc/gcc releases. As always,
it has be well tested in Fedora and you should look there for any
patches needed.

This has been in [testing] for 10 days now and I have not heard of any
issues. Time for some signoffs.

Signoff both.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Dan McGee

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Allan McRae schrieb:
>>
>> Allan McRae wrote:
>>>
>>> I have put the glibc-2.11 toolchain rebuild in [testing]. *Apart from
>>> glibc-2.11, the kernel header patch level got bumped to the latest version
>>> and I took a newer snapshot of the binutils-2.20 branch.
>>>
>>> *From a quick look at the changelog there should not be a lot of issues
>>> compiling stuff like previous glibc/gcc releases. *As always, it has be well
>>> tested in Fedora and you should look there for any patches needed.
>>
>> This has been in [testing] for 10 days now and I have not heard of any
>> issues. *Time for some signoffs.
>
> Signoff both.

Signoff x86_64