Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   ArchLinux Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/)
-   -   fakeroot-1.14.3-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/272641-fakeroot-1-14-3-1-a.html)

Allan McRae 11-01-2009 04:22 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
Upstream update.

Signoff both,
Allan

Dan McGee 11-02-2009 04:45 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Upstream update.

Packages still seemed to build ok, signoff x86_64.

-Dan

Andreas Radke 11-02-2009 06:39 PM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 15:22:19 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:

> Upstream update.
>
> Signoff both,
> Allan
>

signoff x86_64

-Andy

Allan McRae 11-04-2009 08:44 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
Andreas Radke wrote:

Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 15:22:19 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:



Upstream update.

Signoff both,
Allan




signoff x86_64




Anyone want to give me an i686?

Thomas Bächler 11-04-2009 08:58 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
Allan McRae schrieb:

Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 15:22:19 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:



Upstream update.

Signoff both,
Allan


This package still has a useless post_install message displayed on each
upgrade. The message suggests that in the case of problems, one should
rebuild the package with --with-ipc=tcp, which will break it completely.

Allan McRae 11-04-2009 09:07 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
Thomas Bächler wrote:

Allan McRae schrieb:

Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 15:22:19 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:



Upstream update.

Signoff both,
Allan


This package still has a useless post_install message displayed on
each upgrade. The message suggests that in the case of problems, one
should rebuild the package with --with-ipc=tcp, which will break it
completely.




According to the documentation that comes with fakeroot (and is
installed in /usr/share/doc/fakeroot/README):


fakeroot can be built to either use SYSV IPC or TCP for message passing.

Cases for which the SYSV IPC version fails or causes problems but for
which fakeroot-tcp has been observed to work well include the items
listed below.


* Multithreaded applications (using pthread)
* Running under realtime-preempt kernel

So unless I am missing something, it does not seem entirely wrong.
Anyway, I will remove the install message from SVN so it will not appear
for the next rebuild.


Allan

Daenyth Blank 11-04-2009 11:45 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 06:07, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> So unless I am missing something, it does not seem entirely wrong. *Anyway,
> I will remove the install message from SVN so it will not appear for the
> next rebuild.
>
> Allan
>
>

Thank you... It's pretty annoying to have it there. IMO, post_upgrade
messages should be for info relevent *to the upgrade*. This info is
better on the wiki I think.

Allan McRae 11-11-2009 01:00 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
Allan McRae wrote:

Thomas Bächler wrote:

Allan McRae schrieb:

Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 15:22:19 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:



Upstream update.

Signoff both,
Allan


This package still has a useless post_install message displayed on
each upgrade. The message suggests that in the case of problems, one
should rebuild the package with --with-ipc=tcp, which will break it
completely.




According to the documentation that comes with fakeroot (and is
installed in /usr/share/doc/fakeroot/README):


fakeroot can be built to either use SYSV IPC or TCP for message passing.

Cases for which the SYSV IPC version fails or causes problems but for
which fakeroot-tcp has been observed to work well include the items
listed below.


* Multithreaded applications (using pthread)
* Running under realtime-preempt kernel

So unless I am missing something, it does not seem entirely wrong.
Anyway, I will remove the install message from SVN so it will not appear
for the next rebuild.




Can I have an i686 signoff now that message is removed from SVN?

Allan

Thomas Bächler 11-11-2009 08:47 AM

fakeroot-1.14.3-1
 
Allan McRae schrieb:
So unless I am missing something, it does not seem entirely wrong.
Anyway, I will remove the install message from SVN so it will not
appear for the next rebuild.




Can I have an i686 signoff now that message is removed from SVN?


Signoff both.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.