-   -   filesystem-2009.11-1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-development/272627-filesystem-2009-11-1-a.html)

Allan McRae 11-01-2009 03:02 AM

filesystem-2009.11-1

There were quite a few changes committed to SVN and this was the last
package with a /usr/man directory in [core] and [extra] so I cut a
release. Here is a summary of the changes:

* securetty
Add 'hvc0' for virtual consoles

* fstab
Change /dev/shm to nodev,nosuid
Change "none" to "devpts" for /dev/pts and to "shm" for /dev/shm so they
look nicer in mtab

* profile
Remove LC_COLLATE=C from the default /etc/profile
Apparently this is not necessary and has been tested for a while.
If this causes regex-based scripts to fail, we should add
LC_COLLATE=C to those scripts themselves.
See FS#15250

* group
Add 'x' to all group passwords by default, to disable them

* misc
converted to "any" architecture.
remove /usr/man

Allan

Roman Kyrylych 11-01-2009 10:13 AM

filesystem-2009.11-1

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 06:02, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> There were quite a few changes committed to SVN and this was the last
> package with a /usr/man directory in [core] and [extra] so I cut a release.
> *Here is a summary of the changes:
>
> * securetty
> Add 'hvc0' for virtual consoles
>
> * fstab
> Change /dev/shm to nodev,nosuid
> Change "none" to "devpts" for /dev/pts and to "shm" for /dev/shm so they
> look nicer in mtab
>
> * profile
> Remove LC_COLLATE=C from the default /etc/profile
> Apparently this is not necessary and has been tested for a while.
> If this causes regex-based scripts to fail, we should add
> LC_COLLATE=C to those scripts themselves.
> See FS#15250
>
> * group
> Add 'x' to all group passwords by default, to disable them
>
> * misc
> converted to "any" architecture.
> remove /usr/man

Signed off x86_64.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Andreas Radke 11-03-2009 04:29 PM

filesystem-2009.11-1

Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 14:02:06 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:

> * profile
> Remove LC_COLLATE=C from the default /etc/profile
> Apparently this is not necessary and has been tested for a while.
> If this causes regex-based scripts to fail, we should add
> LC_COLLATE=C to those scripts themselves.
> See FS#15250

This makes claws-mail folder sort order changing. Now my mailing list
folders are strictly sorted by the starting letter and no more first
the ones with capital letters.

Is this wanted?

-Andy

Roman Kyrylych 11-03-2009 04:38 PM

filesystem-2009.11-1

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 19:29, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 14:02:06 +1000
> schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:
>

>> * profile
>> Remove LC_COLLATE=C from the default /etc/profile
>> Apparently this is not necessary and has been tested for a while.
>> If this causes regex-based scripts to fail, we should add
>> LC_COLLATE=C to those scripts themselves.
>> See FS#15250
>
> This makes claws-mail folder sort order changing. Now my mailing list
> folders are strictly sorted by the starting letter and no more first
> the ones with capital letters.
>
> Is this wanted?

Only LC_COLLATE=C is case sensitive AFAIK.
And yes, removing LC_COLLATE=C from the default /etc/profile is wanted
(I mean it is removed not because it is unnecessary).

People that prefer LC_COLLATE=C may add it back to their profiles.

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Dan McGee 11-03-2009 11:28 PM

filesystem-2009.11-1

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Roman Kyrylych
<roman.kyrylych@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 19:29, Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de> wrote:
>> Am Sun, 01 Nov 2009 14:02:06 +1000
>> schrieb Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>:
>>

>>> * profile
>>> Remove LC_COLLATE=C from the default /etc/profile
>>> Apparently this is not necessary and has been tested for a while.
>>> If this causes regex-based scripts to fail, we should add
>>> LC_COLLATE=C to those scripts themselves.
>>> See FS#15250
>>
>> This makes claws-mail folder sort order changing. Now my mailing list
>> folders are strictly sorted by the starting letter and no more first
>> the ones with capital letters.
>>
>> Is this wanted?
>
> Only LC_COLLATE=C is case sensitive AFAIK.
> And yes, removing LC_COLLATE=C from the default /etc/profile is wanted
> (I mean it is removed not because it is unnecessary).
>
> People that prefer LC_COLLATE=C may add it back to their profiles.

As a side note, it does seem that we are one of the few distros (if
any others) that still did this. Ubuntu and CentOS didn't override it
last I looked (see ordering of ls output).

-Dan