Old 10-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Allan McRae

Default zipman in pacman.conf

Hi,

Looking at the list of packages with uncompressed man pages [1], there
are quire a few recently built packages... So this is just a reminder
that we should all have zipman set in our makepkg.conf (including in our
build chroots).

[1]
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Unimportant_Rebuild_List#Packages_wi th_uncompressed_man_pages

Allan

Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Pierre Schmitz

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 00:54:39 +1000, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at the list of packages with uncompressed man pages [1], there
> are quire a few recently built packages... So this is just a reminder
> that we should all have zipman set in our makepkg.conf (including in our

> build chroots).
>
> [1]

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Unimportant_Rebuild_List#Packages_wi th_uncompressed_man_pages

> Allan

Wouldn't it be better to override vars like packager etc. in your
~/.makepkg.conf and leave /etc/makepkg.conf untouched? This way you get all
upstream chagnes automatically.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Allan McRae

Pierre Schmitz wrote:

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 00:54:39 +1000, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>
Looking at the list of packages with uncompressed man pages [1], there
are quire a few recently built packages... So this is just a reminder
that we should all have zipman set in our makepkg.conf (including in our

build chroots).

[1]

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Unimportant_Rebuild_List#Packages_wi th_uncompressed_man_pages

Allan

Wouldn't it be better to override vars like packager etc. in your
~/.makepkg.conf and leave /etc/makepkg.conf untouched? This way you get all
upstream chagnes automatically.

Yes, except that does not work using makechrootpkg

Allan

Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 00:54:39 +1000, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Looking at the list of packages with uncompressed man pages [1], there
>>> are quire a few recently built packages... * So this is just a reminder that
>>> we should all have zipman set in our makepkg.conf (including in our
>>>

>>> build chroots).
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>

>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Unimportant_Rebuild_List#Packages_wi th_uncompressed_man_pages
>>

>>> Allan
>>>

>> Wouldn't it be better to override vars like packager etc. in your
>> ~/.makepkg.conf and leave /etc/makepkg.conf untouched? This way you get
>> all
>> upstream chagnes automatically.
>>

> Yes, except that does not work using makechrootpkg

It used to... I think... maybe... or maybe that was just in my head.
It could be dealt with, though

Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Travis Willard

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Yes, except that does not work using makechrootpkg
>
> It used to... I think... maybe... or maybe that was just in my head.
> It could be dealt with, though

I'm sure it used to work - that was one of the things I actually
worked on myself back in the day, copying over ~/.makepkg.conf, or
merging it into /chroot/path/etc/makepkg.conf or something.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Allan McRae

Travis Willard wrote:

Yes, except that does not work using makechrootpkg

It used to... I think... maybe... or maybe that was just in my head.
It could be dealt with, though

I'm sure it used to work - that was one of the things I actually
worked on myself back in the day, copying over ~/.makepkg.conf, or
merging it into /chroot/path/etc/makepkg.conf or something.

That got deleted as part of the whole do not source the local
makepkg.conf unitl after the build think that Eric has flagged having
issues with SRCDEST.

Allan