Old 10-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Allan McRae

Default openswan

Allan McRae wrote:

Thomas Bächler wrote:

Allan McRae schrieb:
Does anyone care to maintain openswan in [core]. It is quite out of
date and currently and orphan.

Tom maintained it back in the days. I wonder if we really need it in
core - does anyone need ipsec for their internet access?

No idea if it is needed - I have never used it. But from the lack of
response, I assume no-one here is interested in maintaining it and it
is very out of date.
So, do we drop it from the repos?

Do I take silence as a lack of objection?

Allan

Old 11-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Allan McRae

Allan McRae wrote:

Allan McRae wrote:

Thomas Bächler wrote:

Allan McRae schrieb:
Does anyone care to maintain openswan in [core]. It is quite out
of date and currently and orphan.

Tom maintained it back in the days. I wonder if we really need it in
core - does anyone need ipsec for their internet access?

No idea if it is needed - I have never used it. But from the lack
of response, I assume no-one here is interested in maintaining it and
it is very out of date. So, do we drop it from the repos?

Do I take silence as a lack of objection?

This has been around long enough for objections. One last chance... If
no-one objects by the weekend I will move openswan and openswan-klips to
the AUR.

Allan