Old 10-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Dieter Plaetinck

Default Fwd: Arch at the FOSDEM 2010 Distribution Miniconf ?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:32:49 +0100
Dieter Plaetinck <dieter@plaetinck.be> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:27:28 -0500
> Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Aaron
> >
> > Is Arch interested in joining the party ?
> > http://fosdem.org/2010/distrominiconf
> >
> > If so, could you please spread the word around your community of
> > contributors ? Thanks

btw, their question "interested in joining the party?" is pretty vague,
but on several places they mention that the response from arch is still
pending.

anyway, you could let them know that at least one developer is
interested. i might propose a subject and/or work on input for certain
topics that interest me, but if it happens to turn out that none of the
topics seem interesting enough to me i might not contribute at all.

would that be a good answer?

Dieter

Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Dieter Plaetinck

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:06:19 +0100
Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:

> Roman Kyrylych schrieb:
> > I would love to get there too.
> > Not sure if my company will sponsor me again this time,
> > but if I could keep traveling cost to the minimum
> > I'll be able to get there with my own money only.
> > I will need to get a new visa though. :-/
> >
> > Anyone else would like to join the party?
> > Jan, Thomas, you're living not far, right? ;-)
>
> I'm in for FOSDEM. It's just 1:15 on high speed train from here, so
> it's actually easier to get to than St. Augustin was

great!

> Dieter, will you handle the communication with the FOSDEM/Distro
> miniconf people?

ok sure. i can be the point of contact.
i'll let them know we'll be there with a few people and interested to
participate!

Dieter