Old 03-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Vesa Kaihlavirta

Default freetype2 with a static lib?

I got interested in this for some reason a couple of months ago:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11016

"Doing a static x86_64 build of freetype increases the size of the
tarball by 333KB (72% increase) and installed size by 824KB (47%)."

Is that too much? All we need is remove --disable-static from the
configure line and we get an additional .a.

--vk