FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 AM
Tobias Powalowski
 
Default amarok2 and mysql

Hi
i tried to build amarok2 this weekend and it's a real hassle to get it
compiled, qt needs to be rebuilt with an other patch, 2 depends need to be
added and mysql needs to be built with -fPIC option to get it build correct.
I prepared everything and amarok2 runs fine now.

Are there any mysql experts who can tell me if this hurts existing databases?
Thanks for your answers.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
http://www.archlinux.org
tpowa@archlinux.org
 
Old 03-23-2009, 06:01 AM
Allan McRae
 
Default amarok2 and mysql

Tobias Powalowski wrote:

Hi
i tried to build amarok2 this weekend and it's a real hassle to get it
compiled, qt needs to be rebuilt with an other patch, 2 depends need to be
added and mysql needs to be built with -fPIC option to get it build correct.

I prepared everything and amarok2 runs fine now.

Are there any mysql experts who can tell me if this hurts existing databases?
Thanks for your answers.



Wasn't there concerns about a performance hit in mysql when compiled
with -fPIC?


Allan
 
Old 03-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Jan de Groot
 
Default amarok2 and mysql

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 17:01 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> > Hi
> > i tried to build amarok2 this weekend and it's a real hassle to get it
> > compiled, qt needs to be rebuilt with an other patch, 2 depends need to be
> > added and mysql needs to be built with -fPIC option to get it build correct.
> > I prepared everything and amarok2 runs fine now.
> >
> > Are there any mysql experts who can tell me if this hurts existing databases?
> > Thanks for your answers.
> >
>
> Wasn't there concerns about a performance hit in mysql when compiled
> with -fPIC?

Does the whole MySQL require recompiling with -fPIC, or is
libmysqlclient enough?
 
Old 03-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Pierre Schmitz
 
Default amarok2 and mysql

Am Montag, 23. März 2009 07:26:03 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> qt needs to be rebuilt with an other patch

Are you talking about this one: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/qt-
copy/patches/0275-qtconcurrent-threadcount.diff?sortby=date&view=log

Just tell me and I'll add it.

About the mysql stuff: If fpic is not an option you could build a minimal
emedded server during amarok compilation or add some kind of a mysqle package.

--

Pierre Schmitz


Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de
 
Old 03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Tobias Powalowski
 
Default amarok2 and mysql

Am Montag 23 März 2009 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Am Montag, 23. März 2009 07:26:03 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > qt needs to be rebuilt with an other patch
>
> Are you talking about this one: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/qt-
> copy/patches/0275-qtconcurrent-threadcount.diff?sortby=date&view=log
>
> Just tell me and I'll add it.
>
> About the mysql stuff: If fpic is not an option you could build a minimal
> emedded server during amarok compilation or add some kind of a mysqle
> package.
Ok found a way to compile it internally against -fPIC mysql server.
uploading x86_64 packages to
http://www.archlinux.org/~tpowa/amarok/

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
http://www.archlinux.org
tpowa@archlinux.org
 
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Eduardo Romero
 
Default amarok2 and mysql

On Monday 23 March 2009 05:32:48 pm Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am Montag 23 März 2009 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> > Am Montag, 23. März 2009 07:26:03 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> > > qt needs to be rebuilt with an other patch
> >
> > Are you talking about this one: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/qt-
> > copy/patches/0275-qtconcurrent-threadcount.diff?sortby=date&view=log
> >
> > Just tell me and I'll add it.
> >
> > About the mysql stuff: If fpic is not an option you could build a minimal
> > emedded server during amarok compilation or add some kind of a
mysqle
> > package.
>
> Ok found a way to compile it internally against -fPIC mysql server.
> uploading x86_64 packages to
> http://www.archlinux.org/~tpowa/amarok/
>
> greetings
> tpowa
The package itself works ok, after using all your packages there, but
amarok doesn't scan and add my music from the folder I specify, I have to
drag and drop all the folders, not that big of an annoyance, but still is better
that way.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:15 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org