FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Allan McRae
 
Default mailx-8.1.1-6

Added smtp-forwarder as optdepends to fix FS#4812.

I do not use so no default sign-off from me...

Allan
 
Old 03-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Hugo Doria
 
Default mailx-8.1.1-6

Just a quick question: why do we have mailx on core? AFIK mailx is not
required by any of the packages from core.

-- Hugo
 
Old 03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Dale Blount
 
Default mailx-8.1.1-6

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 10:33 -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
> Just a quick question: why do we have mailx on core? AFIK mailx is not
> required by any of the packages from core.

syslog maybe? not directly required, however.


Dale
 
Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Allan McRae
 
Default mailx-8.1.1-6

Dale Blount wrote:

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 10:33 -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:


Just a quick question: why do we have mailx on core? AFIK mailx is not
required by any of the packages from core.



syslog maybe? not directly required, however.


Dale



AFAIK, it is required by the FHS.

Allan
 
Old 03-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Aaron Griffin
 
Default mailx-8.1.1-6

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dale Blount wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 10:33 -0300, Hugo Doria wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Just a quick question: why do we have mailx on core? AFIK mailx is not
>>> required by any of the packages from core.
>>>
>>
>> syslog maybe? *not directly required, however.
>>
>>
>> Dale
>>
>
> AFAIK, it is required by the FHS.

Not the FHS, but the Single Unix Spec (SUSv3) - or POSIX 100something...

It basically says that "for all unicies, they should have these
utilities", and that includes mailx.

Because you have to register to view the SUSv3 spec, I always link to
the LSB page that includes the list:
http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_3.2.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/command.html#CMDUTIL

All the commands marked [1] are part of the SUSv3 spec
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org