Old 03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Jan de Groot

Default Adding static fuse devnode?

Would it be possible to add a static fuse device node?
At this moment we have this very ugly text in gvfs post_install:

==>
GVFS requires FUSE to operate correctly

==> To make full use of GVFS, please load the "fuse" kernel module at
bootup.
==> To do so, add 'fuse' to the MODULES array in /etc/rc.conf
==>
==> Without this module, GVFS will not be compatible with applications
that
==> are not GIO-enabled.
==>

Creating the /dev/fuse devicenode by default means the kernel will
autoload it when needed. Is this wanted behaviour, and can we abuse
udev's new static /dev support for this?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> Would it be possible to add a static fuse device node?
> At this moment we have this very ugly text in gvfs post_install:
>
> ==>
> GVFS requires FUSE to operate correctly
>
> ==> To make full use of GVFS, please load the "fuse" kernel module at
> bootup.
> ==> To do so, add 'fuse' to the MODULES array in /etc/rc.conf
> ==>
> ==> Without this module, GVFS will not be compatible with applications
> that
> ==> are not GIO-enabled.
> ==>
>
> Creating the /dev/fuse devicenode by default means the kernel will
> autoload it when needed. Is this wanted behaviour, and can we abuse
> udev's new static /dev support for this?

Looks like it's already in the PKGBUILD:

http://code.phraktured.net/cgit.cgi/arch-packages/tree/udev/trunk/PKGBUILD#n115

Old 03-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Jan de Groot

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 19:29 -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Looks like it's already in the PKGBUILD:
>
> http://code.phraktured.net/cgit.cgi/arch-packages/tree/udev/trunk/PKGBUILD#n115

Nice, this means I can rip out the horrible post_install from gvfs