Old 01-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Andreas Radke

Default libgpg-error 1.6-1 + libgcrypt-1.4.0-1

both packages are just updates that depend on each other and i haven't
found any broken package, that depends on them. both are in testing for
all archs.

-Andy

Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:16:32 +0100
schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke@arcor.de>:

> both packages are just updates that depend on each other and i haven't
> found any broken package, that depends on them. both are in testing
> for all archs.
>
> -Andy

noone for i686?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:28:49 -0600
schrieb "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:

> I'd test.. but I have no idea what these libs do and/or are for. What
> test did you perform?

http://www.gnupg.org/related_software/libraries.en.html

libgcrypt
Libgcrypt is a general purpose cryptographic library based on the code
from GnuPG. It provides functions for all cryptographic building
blocks: symmetric ciphers, hash algorithms, MACs, public key
algorithms, large integer functions, random numbers and a lot of
supporting functions.

libgpg-error
Libgpg-error is helper library used by a couple of other projects to
provide a common set of error codes and descriptions.

I haven't done any deep testing. I'm happy that lddd didn't report any
broken linking. I took these packages just to prevent that they are not
orphaned. If we have somebody who knows them better tell me.

For my system:

[root@workstation64 andyrtr]# env LANG=C pacman -Qi libgpg-error libgcrypt | grep Required
Required By : dirmngr gpgme libgcrypt libksba
Required By : cryptsetup dirmngr gnupg2 libnetworkmanager libxslt

Test any of these packages and tell me if you find something broken.

-Andy