Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Ronald van Haren

Default koffice rebuild - pqxx incompatibility

Hey guys,

I was going to rebuild koffice against wv2 (FS#13671), but it appears
koffice cannot be build against libpqxx>=3.0
Kexi uses this for the postgresql backend.
As I cannot find a patch and it should take too long anymore before
koffie2 will be released so I don't feel like putting too much effort
in it, there are two things I can do:
- disable postgresql backend
- temporarily add a libpqxx2 package to extra

Any preferences?

Ronald

Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Ronald van Haren <pressh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was going to rebuild koffice against wv2 (FS#13671), but it appears
> koffice cannot be build against libpqxx>=3.0
> Kexi uses this for the postgresql backend.
> As I cannot find a patch and it should take too long anymore before
> koffie2 will be released so I don't feel like putting too much effort
> in it, there are two things I can do:
> - disable postgresql backend
> - temporarily add a libpqxx2 package to extra
>
> Any preferences?

I don't have a preference, but adding libpqxx2 is probably the cleanest solution