Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Default qt-4.5.0-2

Hi all,

by this mail I wanted to check wether we are ready to move Qt 4.5 to [extra].
So it would be nice if you could drop a line if there are some problems left
or not.

With the recntly updated packages the following bugs were fixed:
* qtcurve-kde4: wrong rendering of tabs
* kdeplasma-addons: missing entries in Lancelot
* kdepim: invisible calendar
* kdelibs: problems with utf8-encoded file names
* kdebase: konsole layout (e.g. invisible split screen in yakuake)
* psi, qgit: recompiled to make them work with new Qt

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Ronald van Haren

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> by this mail I wanted to check wether we are ready to move Qt 4.5 to [extra].
> So it would be nice if you could drop a line if there are some problems left
> or not.
>
> With the recntly updated packages the following bugs were fixed:
> * qtcurve-kde4: wrong rendering of tabs
> * kdeplasma-addons: missing entries in Lancelot
> * kdepim: invisible calendar
> * kdelibs: problems with utf8-encoded file names
> * kdebase: konsole layout (e.g. invisible split screen in yakuake)
> * psi, qgit: recompiled to make them work with new Qt
>
> --
>
> Pierre Schmitz

Except for some redrawing issues in arora I have no weird issues in
any qt app that I can think of. I haven't tried arora against old qt
so it may just be an arora bug or so.

signoff x86_64

Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Mittwoch 11 März 2009 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > by this mail I wanted to check wether we are ready to move Qt 4.5 to
> > [extra]. So it would be nice if you could drop a line if there are some
> > problems left or not.
> >
> > With the recntly updated packages the following bugs were fixed:
> > * qtcurve-kde4: wrong rendering of tabs
> > * kdeplasma-addons: missing entries in Lancelot
> > * kdepim: invisible calendar
> > * kdelibs: problems with utf8-encoded file names
> > * kdebase: konsole layout (e.g. invisible split screen in yakuake)
> > * psi, qgit: recompiled to make them work with new Qt
> >
> > --
> >
> > Pierre Schmitz
>
> Except for some redrawing issues in arora I have no weird issues in
> any qt app that I can think of. I haven't tried arora against old qt
> so it may just be an arora bug or so.
>
> signoff x86_64
singoff both arches, don't have problems here

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Mittwoch, 11. März 2009 16:12:15 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
> Except for some redrawing issues in arora I have no weird issues in
> any qt app that I can think of. I haven't tried arora against old qt
> so it may just be an arora bug or so.

WebKit is still in an early state and for some sites Gecko or Khtml creates
the better results.

Or what do you mean by redrwaing issues?

I think if there are no more complaints I'll move it to extra tonight.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. März 2009 16:12:15 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
>> Except for some redrawing issues in arora I have no weird issues in
>> any qt app that I can think of. I haven't tried arora against old qt
>> so it may just be an arora bug or so.
>
> WebKit is still in an early state and for some sites Gecko or Khtml creates
> the better results.
>
> Or what do you mean by redrwaing issues?

I meant that the tabs toolbar sometimes becomes borked (getting a few
tabs with wrong dimensions). Nothing too serious as it has only
happened a few times and usually goes away after the next tab change.

Ronald

Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag, 12. März 2009 11:28:47 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>
wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 11. März 2009 16:12:15 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
> >> Except for some redrawing issues in arora I have no weird issues in
> >> any qt app that I can think of. I haven't tried arora against old qt
> >> so it may just be an arora bug or so.
> >
> > WebKit is still in an early state and for some sites Gecko or Khtml
> > creates the better results.
> >
> > Or what do you mean by redrwaing issues?
>
> I meant that the tabs toolbar sometimes becomes borked (getting a few
> tabs with wrong dimensions). Nothing too serious as it has only
> happened a few times and usually goes away after the next tab change.

Do you use qtcurve or any other theme except the default oxygen one? There was
a bug with tabs rendering. (should be fixed in latest version of qtcurve)

Btw: Thomas just told me that there are still prbolems with utf8 (e.g. with
kdialog). I am looking into it now; I wont move it until this can be fixed.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Ronald van Haren

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. März 2009 11:28:47 schrieb Ronald van Haren:
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>
> wrote:
>> >
>> > WebKit is still in an early state and for some sites Gecko or Khtml
>> > creates the better results.
>> >
>> > Or what do you mean by redrwaing issues?
>>
>> I meant that the tabs toolbar sometimes becomes borked (getting a few
>> tabs with wrong dimensions). Nothing too serious as it has only
>> happened a few times and usually goes away after the next tab change.
>
> Do you use qtcurve or any other theme except the default oxygen one? There was
> a bug with tabs rendering. (should be fixed in latest version of qtcurve)

I'm using the bespin theme (svn-413). I'll switch to oxygen for some
time and see if I can replicate it.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Donnerstag, 12. März 2009 11:47:49 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Btw: Thomas just told me that there are still prbolems with utf8 (e.g. with
> kdialog). I am looking into it now; I wont move it until this can be fixed.

Thanks to David Faure for fixing some utf8 bugs in kdelibs so fast and also
thanks to Craig Drummond for fixinf the last issues with QtCurve.

I'll move all Qt-4.5 related packages to extra now. Most things should work;
at least I don't know of any bugs. But we'll see.