Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default initscripts 2009.03-2

Among other things, this fixes an error that the random-seed is not
saved when /var/lib/misc is missing. Here is the full shortlog:

Aaron Griffin (2):
Add adjtime handling to hwclock init
Add the adjtime cron job to install.sh

Allan McRae (1):
Fix status display functions

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi (3):
Fix minilogd headers
minilogd: Initialize values for accept()
minilogd: ensure we free() the buffer

Thomas Bächler (1):
Create /var/lib/misc if it doesn't exist This is necessary
because the filesystem package doesn't currently contain this directory

Tested and booting on x86_64, please sign off.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Thomas Bächler

Thomas Bächler schrieb:

Tested and booting on x86_64, please sign off.

Anyone?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Allan McRae

Thomas Bächler wrote:

Thomas Bächler schrieb:

Tested and booting on x86_64, please sign off.

Anyone?

Booted fine this morning. Sign-off i686.

Allan

Old 03-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
>>
>> Tested and booting on x86_64, please sign off.
>>

> Anyone?

Haven't tested yet - I'll reboot my i686 machine tonight though. Can't
test on x86_64 as it's a remote machine

Old 03-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Thomas Bächler

Aaron Griffin schrieb:

Can't
test on x86_64 as it's a remote machine

Does that mean you don't trust my awesome package?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>>
>> Can't
>> test on x86_64 as it's a remote machine
>
> Does that mean you don't trust my awesome package?

No it means I won't be able to see if there were any errors or
output... the machine will just suddenly be back up

Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Dale Blount

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 22:04 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Does that mean you don't trust my awesome package?
> >
> > No it means I won't be able to see if there were any errors or
> > output... the machine will just suddenly be back up
>
> Slice has the remote console thingy...I don't know if that is attached
> to vc/1 or if it is just some Xen serial port console thing though.

You can see most boot messages with Slicehost's web console. Problem is
they use a custom xen kernel and that may have odd interaction that our
kernel26 does not.

Dale

Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Dan McGee

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Aaron Griffin schrieb:
>>>
>>> Can't
>>> test on x86_64 as it's a remote machine
>>
>> Does that mean you don't trust my awesome package?
>
> No it means I won't be able to see if there were any errors or
> output... the machine will just suddenly be back up

Slice has the remote console thingy...I don't know if that is attached
to vc/1 or if it is just some Xen serial port console thing though.

-Dan

Old 03-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Thomas Bächler wrote:
>>
>> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
>>>
>>> Tested and booting on x86_64, please sign off.
>>>

>> Anyone?
>>

> Booted fine this morning. *Sign-off i686.
>
> Allan

Same here. Signoff both arches.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Aaron Griffin

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Does that mean you don't trust my awesome package?
>>
>> No it means I won't be able to see if there were any errors or
>> output... the machine will just suddenly be back up
>
> Slice has the remote console thingy...I don't know if that is attached
> to vc/1 or if it is just some Xen serial port console thing though.

Oh wow it DOES give me vc/1! That's pretty neat